GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DUAL EXIT EXHAUST FOR MK7 1.8T OPTIONS

pac17

Car(s)
Mk7 1.8t
Hello all,

Looking to get a dual exit exhaust for my golf.

My issue is finding a valence replacement, as the golf comes stock with the single exit and the bumper doesnt have room for the right side exhaust.

Any ideas? Has anyone done something like this before?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Rear bumper is the same on Golf/GTI, jus the lower valence differs for dual exhaust. Pick up a GTI rear valence 5GM807568B9B9 (and a couple plastic clips) and it'll go right on. I'm not sure you can get the additional clips on properly without removing the rear bumper, but it's not a huge job. But as mentioned here you can use zip ties in these holes and it's all good. You'll want the retainers mentioned in that thread if you want it all OEM.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Any Mk7 (Mk7 & Mk7.5 are not interchangeable) GTI valance will fit the Golf 1.8Tsi

Also, all of my DP, CBE & TBE are available for the Golf.

13CE089D-531D-4296-AB30-35DD98CD26B6.jpeg

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Yep, you can get a GTI dual exit lower valance for ~$120 or there are some MK7 Golf 1.8 single exit exhausts out there, AWE tuning and THIS Autotech one is more of a budget system... but if you want to use any GTI exhaust, stock or aftermarket, all you *have to do* is to remove the single exit lower valance and leave it bare, it actually doesn't look too horrible this way to some if you have a cool exhaust, or also of course you can add the GTI lower valance for dual exit OEM look.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
His offering/price list is the first post on his Facebook page, doesn't look like he has a traditional URL web site...
Baun Performance LLC | Facebook

I’m a aircraft mechanic full time, and build Mk7 parts on the side so no website for me (or traditional advertising). I stay plenty busy off references like this one, and I definitely appreciate it!

Sorry to jump in, I know the gti valence will fit, but will a gti muffler fit a tdi with the torsion beam?

Unfortunately no, the inlet on the IRS muffler cars is in the center so without extensive fabrication it wouldn’t.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I did the rear dual exhaust and valance upgrade on my 1.8t mk7. I love it!

Attachments

• 20210924_070208.jpg
    20210924_070208.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210926_164911.jpg
    20210926_164911.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 100

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Sorry to jump in, I know the gti valence will fit, but will a gti muffler fit a tdi with the torsion beam?
You can just delete the muffler. Assuming you still have the other emissions equipment in place there will be no difference in sound. I've been running the GTI valence with dual exhaust tips for 3+ years. Car sounds exactly as silent as stock which is what I wanted. The muffler isn't electrically connected to anything/monitored. The car doesn't "care" about it so smog/emissions testing is no problem, if that's a concern where you are. I'm in Cali and have only ever been smogged without the muffler, no problems.
My car here... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/tdi-exhaust-options.364606/