GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dsg slip possibly?

rocktown21

Ready to race!
So maybe could chime in and tell me if I'm experiencing DSG slip.im running map 2 on the JB4. When I accelerate in 3rd gear I don't feel any slip, but once I let off the gas its.like then tires lock up and squeal. I'd hesitant to take it to the dealer untill I get the stock downpipe put back on

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Can you try to reproduce it while logging with the JB4? The log might show something

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed
I got this while doing a log at the drag strip. This was my 4th consecutive run. Didn't feel it but thought after seeing this I stopped. I'm running jb4 map6. Although I'm convinced it was probably wheel spin now since it's 1st and 2nd gear

Attachments

• dsg slp.JPG
    dsg slp.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 225

rocktown21

Ready to race!
Can you try to reproduce it while logging with the JB4? The log might show something

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I was thinking that today.mother nature just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with all this rain.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You could throw it on a dyno for whatever it costs to do a couple pulls (about 100 bux around me). There is a direct relationship between torque and boost. They both go up as you rev from bottom rpm to the torque peak. If you have a slipping trans the torque won't get to the dyno and you will see boost go but torque curve will reflect the slip. That is how I first noticed my DSG problem even before I could feel it.

rocktown21

Ready to race!
No chance the torque limiter is kicking on right? I'm just running map 2 with downpipe and intake, 93 octane