GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dsg service.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Anyone know if shops like autozone, advance, carry dsg fluid? Im at 40k now and worried to drive it.

I would get it from like DAP, ME, ECS or someplace like that

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
You are fine to go past 40k man, don't worry too much. Just order the DSG service kit from amazon and by the time it gets here you will be ready to change it. Your car will be fine.

If you have prime it will get here in 2 days. Unless you are going on a cross country road trip you wont be able to drive enough to hurt anything before the fluid arrives.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07553LTM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you know the spec number that is required?

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
Did mine at about 18-20k - fluid was black!! Wouldn’t go to 30k never mind 40k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did mine at about 18-20k - fluid was black!! Wouldn’t go to 30k never mind 40k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is color even an indicator of fluid life?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Hey guys I need some help. Can someone send me a link to cheapest dsg fluid with filter. Just tight on $ at the moment. Will this work for my 2016 gti? https://www.europaparts.com/dsg-transmission-service-kit-02e-6-speed.html or if there is a better deal hit me up with it thanks

What mileage are you at and what is your normal driving like? Depending on those things, you can wait until your next paycheck. That being said, Amazon has some amazing deals. Pretty sure you can type in 2017 gti mk7 dsg service kit, or something like that. There was some posts earlier about getting quality fluid and a filter for like $50. High quality fluid and filter would be about $80 from amazon. Pentosin is OEM, LiquiMoly is perfectly fine to use and cheaper.

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
What mileage are you at and what is your normal driving like? Depending on those things, you can wait until your next paycheck. That being said, Amazon has some amazing deals. Pretty sure you can type in 2017 gti mk7 dsg service kit, or something like that. There was some posts earlier about getting quality fluid and a filter for like $50. High quality fluid and filter would be about $80 from amazon. Pentosin is OEM, LiquiMoly is perfectly fine to use and cheaper.

At 41k, and I'm not too rough on it. I've checked out Amazon and eBay fluids but when I got to the "does this part fit your car" button, it says it doesn't work for my car. Mines a 2016 year.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
At 41k, and I'm not too rough on it. I've checked out Amazon and eBay fluids but when I got to the "does this part fit your car" button, it says it doesn't work for my car. Mines a 2016 year.

As long as it says it works for a MK5 or MK6 trans, you are good to go. The fluid is all the same. LiquiMoly 8100 is the name of the fluid I believe, or the Pentosin FFL2. Motul also has a fluid. All 3 are some of the best fluid companies for our cars. You will need 5 Quarts, as long as you can get all the fluid in, or 6 if you pump it in through the bottom (just to deliver the fluid that would get lost in the lines and pump). Hot, cold, doesn't really matter. Drain out the fluid, put in 5 quarts, replace the filter and you have just done a dealership service. No they don't measure it out specifically, or do fluid level checks. They change the filter, drain the trans, fill it with 5 quarts and ship it.

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
DSG fluid will be black very quick with a wet clutch set up. If you go off colour you could change it weekly, lol.

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
As long as it says it works for a MK5 or MK6 trans, you are good to go. The fluid is all the same. LiquiMoly 8100 is the name of the fluid I believe, or the Pentosin FFL2. Motul also has a fluid. All 3 are some of the best fluid companies for our cars. You will need 5 Quarts, as long as you can get all the fluid in, or 6 if you pump it in through the bottom (just to deliver the fluid that would get lost in the lines and pump). Hot, cold, doesn't really matter. Drain out the fluid, put in 5 quarts, replace the filter and you have just done a dealership service. No they don't measure it out specifically, or do fluid level checks. They change the filter, drain the trans, fill it with 5 quarts and ship it.
Okay that's what I was wondering about, because the cheaper fluids in the 75$ range are for the models older than the mk7 (the 8100 fluid that you mentioned is what I'm looking at) so you're saying that the fluid would still work in my mk7, but how about the filter, are all the filters the same on the older models as the mk7? And I've been stressing about getting the exact right amount of fluid in but just dumping in 5 liters like you say without checking levels brings the stress down some, a lot simpler.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/LIQUI-MOLY-6...el:GTI&hash=item51ec5c08b1:g:AC4AAOSw6KVZhCiN OK this one here says it will fit up to a 2015 gti. Just worried about getting it and then the filter doesn't fit, or there is this one for 20$ more that says it's for a 2016 https://m.ebay.com/itm/VW-DSG-Autom...el:GTI&hash=item41e99c0ed7:g:bVUAAOSwqj5bajJw

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Okay that's what I was wondering about, because the cheaper fluids in the 75$ range are for the models older than the mk7 (the 8100 fluid that you mentioned is what I'm looking at) so you're saying that the fluid would still work in my mk7, but how about the filter, are all the filters the same on the older models as the mk7? And I've been stressing about getting the exact right amount of fluid in but just dumping in 5 liters like you say without checking levels brings the stress down some, a lot simpler.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/LIQUI-MOLY-6...el:GTI&hash=item51ec5c08b1:g:AC4AAOSw6KVZhCiN OK this one here says it will fit up to a 2015 gti. Just worried about getting it and then the filter doesn't fit, or there is this one for 20$ more that says it's for a 2016 https://m.ebay.com/itm/VW-DSG-Autom...el:GTI&hash=item41e99c0ed7:g:bVUAAOSwqj5bajJw

As far as I know the filters are the same. The most recent version of the filter has a B at the end and may say it is only for MK7.5's, but fits all MK7's.

Also 5 Quarts! not liters, that would be a bit more overfull than you want.

DSG fluid will be black very quick with a wet clutch set up. If you go off colour you could change it weekly, lol.

After 13k hard miles I checked the fluid level of my DSG. Actually found it .5 quarts or more overfull from the factory. The fluid came out just as clean as the new fluid coming it. Color comes from metal or organic material wearing and breaking down. Dark fluid is usually not good, but is typical of higher mileage vehicles due to wear (also diesel engines... new oil will be black due to left over oil in the engine during the change as well as the nature of a diesel engine.).

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
As far as I know the filters are the same. The most recent version of the filter has a B at the end and may say it is only for MK7.5's, but fits all MK7's.

Also 5 Quarts! not liters, that would be a bit more overfull than you want.

After 13k hard miles I checked the fluid level of my DSG. Actually found it .5 quarts or more overfull from the factory. The fluid came out just as clean as the new fluid coming it. Color comes from metal or organic material wearing and breaking down. Dark fluid is usually not good, but is typical of higher mileage vehicles due to wear (also diesel engines... new oil will be black due to left over oil in the engine during the change as well as the nature of a diesel engine.).
5 quarts really?? I think all of the bottles are in litres

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
5 quarts really?? I think all of the bottles are in litres

Figure 4.8 liters. Some companies sell liter bottles of oil (engine, trans, p/s) and some sell quarts. My SA constantly bills out liters, even though our price per unit is in quarts, we always have to correct the repair orders... as well as not pay attention to anything on them because most of it is wrong, from parts to fluids. She sucks at her job... even though shes been doing it for 30 years, my boss is too nice and doesn't want to pay all her stocked vacation time... Nothing beats a service adviser who blames her techs for stuff going wrong instead of simply explaining to the customer that thermal plastic ages and breaks over time... "We broke something while fixing your car so you have to now pay us $XXX" goes over really fucking well. Sorry, I'm being a little bitch.

Last edited:

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Figure 4.8 liters. Some companies sell liter bottles of oil (engine, trans, p/s) and some sell quarts. My SA constantly bills out liters, even though our price per unit is in quarts, we always have to correct the repair orders... as well as not pay attention to anything on them because most of it is wrong, from parts to fluids. She sucks at her job... even though shes been doing it for 30 years, my boss is too nice and doesn't want to pay all her stocked vacation time... Nothing beats a service adviser who blames her techs for stuff going wrong instead of simply explaining to the customer that thermal plastic ages and breaks over time... "We broke something while fixing your car so you have to now pay us $XXX" goes over really fucking well. Sorry, I'm being a little bitch.

So it's 4.8 liters, or either 5 quarts?

And would you be able to send me a link of those $50-$60 dsg fluids

Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest? Lol. What kinda work do you do?

Last edited: