GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG fault code

vesta

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi my Golf has started flashing up the fault. "Error workshop only leave vehicle in position P" Took forever to read it as it flashes for about 1 second!
It seems to be a fault in the switching according to videos on line with a replacement unit available from VW.
Has anyone tried electrical contact cleaner in the switch as it seems it may be corrosion. Videos seem confusing suggesting the replacement switch also replaces and by passes switching in the box it's self, or is it just the switch on top that is failing please?

Here is a link to one video the switch is shown about 1min 40 in. may explain what I mean and help others too.

Last edited:

vesta

Passed Driver's Ed
Update, contacted VW dealer they knew all about the fault.
I was hopeful they might have some kind of deal for previous customers.
I asked how much to fix it (bear in mind the retail price of the kit is is around £44) £99 to test it, but if faulty they will include in repair cost.
I asked how much and how long to fix? "We need the car for a day maybe two, ones I have seen cost around £300 to £350".
I contacted a local independent I have used for servicing, "Bring it in this afternoon we have a cancellation, we will see what we can do".
When I got there he had the part on order, later he rang me up at 4.30 all done £115.00!
Result! (y)(y):D