GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DRL with Headlights

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I apologize if this has been answered before but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know the coding to keep the DRLs on when the headlights come on (low and high)? I turned the wink off already, but am disappointed that they turn off once the beams come on.

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
Do you mean make it so they don't dim? They still technically stay on when the headlights are on. And we don't have wink with blinker either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Do you mean make it so they don't dim? They still technically stay on when the headlights are on. And we don't have wink with blinker either.

When my headlights come on, the DRLs turn completely off. Previously I had a mk7 GTI and they dimmed so I assumed they did the same thing. I was unaware that the R's did not have the blink, I coded the blink off as soon as I got home from the dealer haha. So you're saying that stock, the DRLs don't blink with the turn signals and the DRLs stay on with the headlights, just dimmed?

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
So you're saying that stock, the DRLs don't blink with the turn signals and the DRLs stay on with the headlights, just dimmed?
This is exactly correct.

I'm personally looking for coding to leave the DRLs on full brightness while headlights are on.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
This is exactly correct.

I'm personally looking for coding to leave the DRLs on full brightness while headlights are on.

I definitely saw the coding for that somewhere, I will try and post it later tonight. It gives you the ability to set them to the exact brightness you want.

Last edited:

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
This is exactly correct.

I reverted my coding back to stock and everything works as expected, thanks!

Looks like this is what you are looking for. I believe "100" is max brightness and this coding only applies to the DRL brightness when the headlights are on.

09 Central Electronics
16 Security Access 31347
10 Adaptations
(10)-Light2SL VLB10-Dimming CD 2' from 26 to 100
(10)-Light3SL VRB21-Dimming CD 3' from 26 to 100