GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving profiles not showing up

Jay1337

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
Hey guys,

My car is a 2014 Golf GTD which came with DCC and Driving Profiles installed from the factory.
I have recently switched to a new infotainment system mib (included a picture) but now my modes no longer show up in the display when I press the button?
The button just turns white for a second then back to orange (the last mode I set it to before switching units was comfort, that’s why it’s orange).

I have done all the coding properly (from what I could find on the internet) using ODIS.
This is the only issue

There is also no CP as online ODIS took care of that.

Any idea guys?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 902125DA-0249-4A23-A71B-9B36C6A3090C.jpeg
    902125DA-0249-4A23-A71B-9B36C6A3090C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 189

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
You say you sorted it with ODIS, but ODIS would not have given you the FeCs you need for a full retrofit.

You should find that your Navigation isn't working. Is that the case? If not, what else have you done to manipulate the unit?

Jay1337

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
You say you sorted it with ODIS, but ODIS would not have given you the FeCs you need for a full retrofit.

You should find that your Navigation isn't working. Is that the case? If not, what else have you done to manipulate the unit?
Everything is working perfectly fine, rear camera wasn’t working but I changed that byte to 1 and then it worked but other than that everything works except for the profiles (eco, comfort, normal, sport, individual)..

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Everything is working perfectly fine, rear camera wasn’t working but I changed that byte to 1 and then it worked but other than that everything works except for the profiles (eco, comfort, normal, sport, individual)..
So what did you do to the unit to bypass the FeCs?

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
OP does not specify if the car came stock without Navigation, but it actually doesn't matter.

Driving Profiles are not working because you screwed up FeCs IN THE GATEWAY, not in the MIB unit.

you should have a weird error in module 19, something like "dataset error" or a string in german.

ODIS can fix it with GFF.

Jay1337

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
OP does not specify if the car came stock without Navigation, but it actually doesn't matter.

Driving Profiles are not working because you screwed up FeCs IN THE GATEWAY, not in the MIB unit.

you should have a weird error in module 19, something like "dataset error" or a string in german.

ODIS can fix it with GFF.
It came stock with navigation.
I already tried with GFF but it didn’t detect it...

Also the car that had this MIB didn’t have the MODE button for driver profiles.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Hey guys,

My car is a 2014 Golf GTD which came with DCC and Driving Profiles installed from the factory.
I have recently switched to a new infotainment system mib (included a picture) but now my modes no longer show up in the display when I press the button?
The button just turns white for a second then back to orange (the last mode I set it to before switching units was comfort, that’s why it’s orange).

I have done all the coding properly (from what I could find on the internet) using ODIS.
This is the only issue

There is also no CP as online ODIS took care of that.

Any idea guys?

Thanks!
common problem with some MIB2 setups after retrofitting. easy fix:

In 5f go to Adaptations, select "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"

Then look for "charisma_0x17" and change it to activated .

Jay1337

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
common problem with some MIB2 setups after retrofitting. easy fix:

In 5f go to Adaptations, select "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"

Then look for "charisma_0x17" and change it to activated .
I get an error from ODIS when I try to do this, it says “wrong order (SID:$2E NRC:$24)”