GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DP O2 spacer help

DubbinDude

Passed Driver's Ed
I am adding a Cast APR downpipe and can't seem to find a O2 spacer. Anyone with a APR downpipe could you throw me a link to a spacer I should buy? I have a JB4 custom tune on it and George said that I should get a spacer.
Thanks for your help!

DubbinDude

Passed Driver's Ed
Alot of places seem out of stock most likely due to the emissions crack down.

https://savagechassis.com/products/42-draft-designs-02-sensor-spacer
Just throw that on there and I will be good? Does the direction of it matter? I have read so many people talking about position of the spacer and what kind. Do you have this on your apr dp? I’m not looking to go stage 2 full tune. Love my jb4 and not sure how much longer I will have the car just looking to get some more power and sound.
Thanks for the help!

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
I am adding a Cast APR downpipe and can't seem to find a O2 spacer. Anyone with a APR downpipe could you throw me a link to a spacer I should buy? I have a JB4 custom tune on it and George said that I should get a spacer.
Thanks for your help!
Just throw that on there and I will be good? Does the direction of it matter? I have read so many people talking about position of the spacer and what kind. Do you have this on your apr dp? I’m not looking to go stage 2 full tune. Love my jb4 and not sure how much longer I will have the car just looking to get some more power and sound.
Thanks for the help!
I am on stock tune with a catted downpipe and no CEL for 10k miles. For me, the position of the actual spacer made no difference for the CEL. (My o2 spacer is pointed towards the back of the car if that helps at all )

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Thanks for the help!
You need to position it facing towards the front of the car. You should really only use it to pass emissions, leaving a spacer on long term will eventually foul out your o2 sensor. The brand of downpipe doesn't matter at all.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
ou should really only use it to pass emissions, leaving a spacer on long term will eventually foul out your o2 sensor.
This is my first time hearing this, is that what everyone is doing... going back in and taking the spacer off?

DubbinDude

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not sure it’s a APR cast catted dp.
The spacer pre or post cat? Pre cat most go with a J spacer with it pointing upward depending on bung location. Post cat a straight spacer seems to work. Good read some members have put together:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-o2-spacer-thread.375034/
Not sure it’s a APR cast dp. Buying it used so I do not know. Anyone have one? From the pics online it looks like before. I am only able to find a 42 DD spacer. No Vibrant J spacers

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
7 R
You need to position it facing towards the front of the car. You should really only use it to pass emissions, leaving a spacer on long term will eventually foul out your o2 sensor. The brand of downpipe doesn't matter at all.

Not sure if this is facts but I'm for sure curious if it is 🤔 .... Anybody else hear this or have something to share in regards to spacers long term?

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Not sure if this is facts but I'm for sure curious if it is 🤔 .... Anybody else hear this or have something to share in regards to spacers long term?

Catless DP with spacer and no tune for ~38k and almost 3 years, so far no issues. CEL occasionally comes on maybe 2-3 times a year and almost always goes off by itself. YMMV

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
7 R
Catless DP with spacer and no tune for ~38k and almost 3 years, so far no issues. CEL occasionally comes on maybe 2-3 times a year and almost always goes off by itself. YMMV

This is what I was looking for .... Some experience .... 3 years and those miles is definitely experience that helps.

Seems it's not a biggy then. I didn't really think it was, but I also don't wanna wreck my engine by leaning it out doing something I could avoid.

Your GTI I assume?
Why did you go no tune? Happy with the stock power and just wanted that spool increase and nice sound? Just curious.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt

This is what I was looking for .... Some experience .... 3 years and those miles is definitely experience that helps.

Seems it's not a biggy then. I didn't really think it was, but I also don't wanna wreck my engine by leaning it out doing something I could avoid.

Your GTI I assume?
Why did you go no tune? Happy with the stock power and just wanted that spool increase and nice sound? Just curious.

Yes, on my GTI, and the reason for no tune is waiting to upgrade the clutch, which should be happening this summer. I have an unmarried Accessport from a good friend when he traded his GTI for a Raptor, but I'm hoping for another 5-7 years of driving the crap out of this car so I'm not in a hurry.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Just dropping another point for the OP, I run APR's downpipe (the only downpipe they make for the MK7 GTIs) and I use this spacer purely to pass NYS emissions with 100 percent sensor readiness (I just flash to stock from stage 2 and drive it for a day or two). Website is a little dated but the parts are super high quality.

Follow the instructions for installing it in terms of how much to screw it in. I think it ends up being pointed somewhat towards the front of the car (sensor tip pointed towards the rear of the car), with the instructions saying something like 2 and a half turns, don't remember exactly (make sure you install the cat facing the right direction too with the sensor bung post-cat. Sounds easy to remember but an easy thing to forget). Hope that helps since I'm in a semi-identical situation!