GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DP Install

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah shorty agreed I can’t stand it here other then that I have a 12 year old daughter and I am divorced so I am stuck here atleast until she graduates high school! I am not going to let my crazy ex wife raise my daughter on her own since we share 50/50 custody and besides that it would kill me to be without my daughter. So as you can see there is only one super important reason for me to stay here which far outweighs all those negatives..lol

Props to you Dad. Good job.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Yeah shorty agreed I can’t stand it here other then that I have a 12 year old daughter and I am divorced so I am stuck here atleast until she graduates high school! I am not going to let my crazy ex wife raise my daughter on her own since we share 50/50 custody and besides that it would kill me to be without my daughter. So as you can see there is only one super important reason for me to stay here which far outweighs all those negatives..lol

Agreed. Good call. Like the song says, before ya get to heaven, ya gotta go through hell. Just dealing with Nancy Pelosi et al fits the latter quite well ;). Good luck with your daughter, car comes later.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
That shouldn't prevent someone from using an aftermarket downpipe with a cat if for whatever reason they had to replace the OEM downpipe. They can't force you to buy OEM.

I believe the part must be 50 state CARB legal, glad I don't live in CA, though a few more idiots in office here in VA and we'll have to deal with the same BS eventually.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I believe the part must be 50 state CARB legal, glad I don't live in CA, though a few more idiots in office here in VA and we'll have to deal with the same BS eventually.

Then in California as long as the downpipe is CARB certified it doesn't have to be OEM right?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It depends how many readiness checks are disabled in your tune. If you don't have a tune and you don't have a CEL, you'll pass. If you have a tune and it disables one readiness but your state allows one readiness fail, you'll pass. If your tune disables two readiness checks, and your state allows for 1 fail only, you'll fail.

So with my CTS catted downpipe, I should expect to fail emissions next time I'm due? That's lovely.

pgh_dshaw

Ready to race!
It depends how many readiness checks are disabled in your tune. If you don't have a tune and you don't have a CEL, you'll pass. If you have a tune and it disables one readiness but your state allows one readiness fail, you'll pass. If your tune disables two readiness checks, and your state allows for 1 fail only, you'll fail.

PA allows 1 fail. Guess I'll have to check with Ed to see if his tune disables one or two.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Upstate NY. Jb4 set to map0 pass through with a neuspeed catted dp has passed inspection two years running so far.