GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe recommendation for professional

badger91

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I currently run the AWE Switchpath and want to get a downpipe. With the flaps closed the only time it drones is over 80. I want to make it louder, but the issue comes in that I use my car for work and maybe 5-10 times a year carpool with my boss. She doesn’t seem to care but it’s something to consider. Any recommendations for what I should do? Also, I’ve heard mixed reviews on the difficulty of installation with the driveshaft....I have access to a lift so maybe it won’t be so bad? Any advice would be much appreciated!

badger91

Passed Driver's Ed
If you think it drones now you’ll hate it with a downpipe.

There’s a solution, but it’s by no means a simple one for the R
It doesn’t bother me at all lol. I mean it’s ‘noticeable’ over 80. I just don’t want it to be super loud on the highway.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It doesn’t bother me at all lol. I mean it’s ‘noticeable’ over 80. I just don’t want it to be super loud on the highway.

The solution is to add a Vibrant 17950 resonator, which is complicated on the R since both the downpipe and catback need to be modified to allow room along the driveshaft to do so.

Where are you located?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The solution is to add a Vibrant 17950 resonator, which is complicated on the R since both the downpipe and catback need to be modified to allow room along the driveshaft to do so.

Where are you located?

Says Mexico.

badger91

Passed Driver's Ed

Where are you located?
So going with the AWE Resonated wouldn’t render good results for me? Milwaukee

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

The speed at the MPH where it drones could change with a DP.

BlackDog68

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI autobahn dsg
Borrow another car when driving your boss. A GTI is a boy racer car with or without mods, no business cred. If I have to drive for business I swap with my wife :)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Borrow another car when driving your boss. A GTI is a boy racer car with or without mods, no business cred. If I have to drive for business I swap with my wife :)

You mean that she goes on the business trip? ?