GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door lighting

SFgolfR

Car(s)
golf R
hello there, recently picked up a 60k old 2016 golf r 6spd. The blue ambient light strip on the driver side door randomly stopped working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

otbiker57

Car(s)
17 GTI
I recently bought a 17 GTI with the drivers side strip dead. Diagnosed, but only found "electrical failure" via VCDS. Removed both door sills, clipped the existing wires to the door sill lighting, and wired them to the foot well lighting. I used the passenger side foot well light connection as it was easier to access. Routed the new wire under the carpet in front of the rear seat. So far, alls well...

Danny_75

Car(s)
Golf GTD 2015 Mk7
I just bought a 2015 GTD, and the drivers side LED sill , didn’t light up. I sourced a 2nd hand one from a breakers, and swapped it over, now it lights up, but Flickers and is very dull light? Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• 4D0A095A-A356-46EA-A11F-CDA30B6928B9.jpeg
    4D0A095A-A356-46EA-A11F-CDA30B6928B9.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 91

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I just bought a 2015 GTD, and the drivers side LED sill , didn’t light up. I sourced a 2nd hand one from a breakers, and swapped it over, now it lights up, but Flickers and is very dull light? Anyone got any ideas?
From what I understand on reading about them, it's a simple LED positioned on a strip so the light moves down the strip as a whole. Maybe check and make sure the LED didn't break loose and is secured against the plastic correct?