GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone recognize this component in the engine bay? Is mine aftermarket?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I stupidly figured you need to leave the Cobb accessport plugged in 24/7 for the tune to be in effect, but clearly you don't. Perhaps it was tuned and wasn't reverted back to stock before the car was sold? What would happen if I asked VW to scan the ECU? The car has 78k miles so I'm not too worried about the warranty.

The good news is the car is an absolute blast to drive and very quick....

It MUST be tuned then.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
And the Boomba short shift is garbage in my opinion.

Well, I love my Boomba short shifter so to each their own. Though I haven't tried any others... I don't feel any weird front to back though. It feels even in either direction from neutral.

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
So far I've been liking it. I've tried a few other short shifter setups in some other cars and I really didn't like them but this one feels very notchy and even.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
As much as i like my boomba adapter, i do plan on upgrading to the sigma 6 in the future. @El_bigote_AJ has it in his car and it felt great

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Haven't noticed that with mine. Wouldn't that be an issue with the shifter alignment? It did take me a few tries to get it aligned just right after the dealer tech butchered it
Negative.. I'm a shifter alignment master. The boomba felt "artificial" to me. I legit gave it away to someone on this forum who wanted to try it. The Audi unit was more what I was looking for in terms of feel.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Having driven both, the Sigma 6 is leagues better than the Boomba. They're completely different products at the end of the day and priced accordingly.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Having driven both, the Sigma 6 is leagues better than the Boomba. They're completely different products at the end of the day and priced accordingly.
yup the boomba is a great deal, especially if you get the combo w/ the knob

WonderWaffle

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I don’t have the performance gauges on my head unit. It’s a 2015.

Here's the engine:
View attachment 226946
Do yourself a favor and remove the long plastic piece at the bottom of this picture with the two stickers on it. With an open intake, that piece is useless, as it acts as a big straw for the stock closed intake to suck cooler ambient air through. Better to have that frontal area open so you can have more ambient air flowing into the engine bay.