GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do US Spec Golfs play videos?

herbie

Ready to race!
Hi,

I have a U.S. spec GTI S. If I have movies (AVI, MP4) saved on the SD, does the car have the ability to play them on the screen? I tried it, but it did not work. I am just curious that maybe there is a vacgom tweak that unlocks this feature or something? Thanks in advance.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Hi,

I have a U.S. spec GTI S. If I have movies (AVI, MP4) saved on the SD, does the car have the ability to play them on the screen? I tried it, but it did not work. I am just curious that maybe there is a vacgom tweak that unlocks this feature or something? Thanks in advance.

Only the Discover Nav Pro has the ability to play video as far as I know, I have not been able to get video playback on the Discover Media Nav system.

At the moment the Nav Pro is not available in the US.

Starshaped

Ready to race!
Only the Discover Nav Pro has the ability to play video as far as I know, I have not been able to get video playback on the Discover Media Nav system.

At the moment the Nav Pro is not available in the US.

On a uk car you can play videos from an Iphone 4 using the cable with the red collar,what are you using?

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
On a uk car you can play videos from an Iphone 4 using the cable with the red collar,what are you using?

I was using an iPhone 5s with green collar lightening cable - got the artwork but no video.

I now have Nav Pro with a USB connection in my current mk7 and video playback works just fine, from my iPhone or via SD card.