GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Curious if anyone on the BMP order list that was an early May ship date received theirs yet or at least tracking for it?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m sorry, but that doesn’t sit well with me. DKM hasn’t filled orders since March, but manages to find a kit for marketing to put in a car for ECS? That clutch should be in an end users car.

Maybe ECS had that set aside for the build, they do sell DKM (got mine from them for $1165 shipped)

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Maybe ECS had that set aside for the build, they do sell DKM (got mine from them for $1165 shipped)

We’ll see what DKM has to say about it. I just emailed them about when they expect to actually send out some clutches, and also pointed out that it wasn’t great timing that video.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
We’ll see what DKM has to say about it. I just emailed them about when they expect to actually send out some clutches, and also pointed out that it wasn’t great timing that video.

Yeah hopefully they can catch up soon, I was one of the first few here to grab one and have since installed one for another forum member. I’ve got 7k miles on mine and it’s definitely worth the wait. Exactly what I was looking for with a modded daily driver

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What Jake said, clutch is amazing and just be patient, they didn't expect the kind of order rush they got

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What Jake said, clutch is amazing and just be patient, they didn't expect the kind of order rush they got

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Same deal with QuickJack, I finally pulled the trigger on a 5000slx today just to get shut down. All AC power units are on back order for the next 30 days

I’ve seen at least three people buy them here, they obviously sold much better than they’d anticipated

dub_guy

Ready to race!
One could easily argue that the didn't expect any sort of orders, at all.

Let's hypothesize and speculate somewhat wildly:

We know the Competition Clutch Inc (CCI) makes the DKM. I'm not 100% sure CCI is DKM, but that is something else.

from what I've seen here, the earliest order outstanding is March 5. Which means on March 4, CCI had zero stock of the clutches to ship to dealers. And there has been no shipments since that point, as far as we see on the forum.

Since there has been no shipments my hypothesis is that CCI is not making the clutches in house in the USA. If they had been, they could have filled at least something between March 5 and now. Therefore, the product is being made overseas and being shipped to North America. From my past experience (I worked warehousing and logistics for 7 years), it takes approximately 1 month to ship a container from China.

So let's go back to that March 4 date, where there was no stock. Any planner worth their salt would've been on top of the game and had placed an order to manufacturing in mid-February - 3 months ago. To have clutches shipping out today, that would've given about 2 months to manufacture, and a month to get them to North America. Give it a business day to build a single clutch, there should have been around 40 happy people by now.

Now add in the fact that dkmclutch.eu (the official domain for DKM Clutch) is owned by some tuning shop in Germany, not by CCI, and I wonder if CCI is just caught in the middle of a poorly run supply chain.

It's all speculation, but DKM/CCI have had a lot of time to deliver, and everyone is still waiting.

Bottom line for me though is that while DKM may offer the best choice of clutch, I've got the problem that I can pretty much make my stock clutch slip on a stock tune on demand. And this is my daily driver and only car. I can only wait so long before I take my money elsewhere.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Woah. I didn't mean to open such a can of worms. I just posted the vid mostly for the review at the end. Re-affirming what others here with the clutch have said about being a great daily with no chatter and insane clamping force to boot.

Honestly if you think DKM is doing something shitty than you should without a doubt spend your money elsewhere. But imho I think you would regret it later.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these soon instead of the RSR hybrid but 2 months with no word on availability?

My vendor BMPTuning said end of May. I won't worry until then. Hoping to get some good news in the next week or so.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Urotuning was telling me sometime in June... sucks but oh well, it is what it is really... thankfully it's riding season now so I'll be riding my bike more often; besides I still need to get the LSD