GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dj Equipment

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
Over the years I've noticed a few people on these boards mix and Dj and I was wondering whats good equipment to buy when starting off. I'm interested in starting but I just dont quite know what would be the best piece of equipment to start off with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
a lot of the guys i hire now use cerrado.
basically, all they carry is a mac book & one or two scratch vinyls.

what is your objective?
clubs or weddings/sweet 16's etc
& what kind of music?

saad

Go Kart Champion
You mean Serato?

I suggest laptop, along with turntables or CD players. Play the music off the laptop using Serato or Traktor Scratch. Technics turntables, or Pioneer cd players. The CDJ400 is great and pretty cheap

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
a lot of the guys i hire now use cerrado.
basically, all they carry is a mac book & one or two scratch vinyls.

what is your objective?
clubs or weddings/sweet 16's etc
& what kind of music?
Thats sweet. I am definitely interested in mixing and scratching but I honestly have not much of an idea how it all works with each other. As far as music I usually listen to house, electro, hip hop, etc. Really anything that has a beat. Budget right now isnt super important but the cheaper the better. Thanks guys!

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
dont be cheap...you can score 2 used 1200's for like $700 and a decent mixer for another 2-300 and have a solid foundation you can build on and still sell for what you paid for it if you change your mind down the road.

if you buy cheap crap you wont wanna learn and practice because it will be more difficult with cheap ass tables with low torque. budget a grand for a starter setup

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
going digital is the best bet. you can get a set of used 1200's, used serato box, and a used decent 2 channel mixer for about 1000-1200. i learned using vinyl and moved onto cdjs. i would suggest learning on vinyl then moving on to digital if you want. with serato you can have your entire music collection with you so thats a necessity in my opinion.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
i learned using vinyl and moved onto cdjs. i would suggest learning on vinyl then moving on to digital if you want. with serato you can have your entire music collection with you so thats a necessity in my opinion.

This is the best advice anyone has given yet. I've actually got a complete set-up I'm trying to sell right now, but it would cost you a little more than someone local because it's pretty heavy with the coffin, etc. I have a thread on here about it and it's been up for a couple months. There's a guy local that keeps telling me he wants it, but I have yet to see him or the cash, so if you're interested, let me know.

Here's the thread.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107325

Oh, and although it's not posted, the decks I have actually have more torque than the Technics 1200's.

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
thats a decent battle/scratch setup you have there but I'm highly against straight tone arms, they are hard on records and if you value your original pressings and hard to find limited pressings or your serato vinyl interfaces you will want a conventional S tone arm setup like on the 1200's or other numark etc tables.