GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Digital Dash Mod - Anyone tried?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I have a retrofitted Active Info Display (AID) and it works.
Since my car is a hybrid, I've been having some issues with the hybrid sport mode, but this is probably a Gateway issue, not an AID issue.
I've see many succesful AID retrofits to Golf, GTI, Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia, and it's very cool!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Read about folks trying to modify the dash on the MK7 to go digital... How is that working out? Any success stories and if so, links to hardware. Very interested in trying this and upgrading to an Android HU. Thanks!

Chi

Yep, done it too.

Bought the cluster used (only difference is you can't change the odometer) at a significant saving.

Relatively simple job, it needs Component Protection removing and the Immo reprogramming by a dealer or someone with ODIS security access.

A MOST cable needs running between the head unit and the cluster if you want maps on the screen - same goes for contact photos and radio station logos.

If you have Adaptive Cruise Control, odds are this won't display correctly on the display, for which there is no known fix. It still works, just you don't see a visual indication of how close the car Infront is.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Yep, done it too.

Bought the cluster used (only difference is you can't change the odometer) at a significant saving.

Relatively simple job, it needs Component Protection removing and the Immo reprogramming by a dealer or someone with ODIS security access.

A MOST cable needs running between the head unit and the cluster if you want maps on the screen - same goes for contact photos and radio station logos.

If you have Adaptive Cruise Control, odds are this won't display correctly on the display, for which there is no known fix. It still works, just you don't see a visual indication of how close the car Infront is.

What do you mean you can't change odometer? Like from the value from the car it came off of or the one it is being retrofitted to?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
What do you mean you can't change odometer? Like from the value from the car it came off of or the one it is being retrofitted to?

If the odometer of the new cluster is over a certain threshold (250km springs to mind) then you cannot change it.

In other words, unless you buy your cluster new, your odometer is going to be incorrect.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
Plenty of posts and info on this. Here is a link to my post from a few months back: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=702156&postcount=25

Adam, just get it over with and complete that Piano black center stack. It didn't cost as much as you'd think :D