GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DieselGeek Sigma Six and APR Bracket Install Notes

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
Just an update, the DieselGeek is holding up extremely well. I recalibrated it once when 3-4 shift was feeling a little too "off the mark", and that was about 2500 miles ago. The whole shifting setup now is smooth as butter, rock solid, and now that I've got the BFI mounts and a Stage 1 tune, the car is really feeling like a rock star. Said one friend on a lunch run, "I don't know what you're doing to make this thing go so fast, but I love it."

Definitely holding up well, and still as enthusiastic as the day I installed it.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Just an update, the DieselGeek is holding up extremely well. I recalibrated it once when 3-4 shift was feeling a little too "off the mark", and that was about 2500 miles ago. The whole shifting setup now is smooth as butter, rock solid, and now that I've got the BFI mounts and a Stage 1 tune, the car is really feeling like a rock star. Said one friend on a lunch run, "I don't know what you're doing to make this thing go so fast, but I love it."

Definitely holding up well, and still as enthusiastic as the day I installed it.

Did you feel that adding the BFI engine/trans mounts made shifting easier? I've heard it helps since the engine/trans movement is reduces as it can affect the shifter cables...mostly helping at full throttle and quick shifting

I guess I will know soon enough since I'm getting the same mounts installed Sunday but since you mentioned it!

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you feel that adding the BFI engine/trans mounts made shifting easier? I've heard it helps since the engine/trans movement is reduces as it can affect the shifter cables...mostly helping at full throttle and quick shifting

I guess I will know soon enough since I'm getting the same mounts installed Sunday but since you mentioned it!

My experience was there was just that little whisper of notch from 3 to 4. I installed the mounts, and it helped, but not totally. With the mounts settled after about 500 miles, I readjusted the cables, making sure to push the front-to-back cable all the way towards the firewall/cabin, and really torque it down. The side-to-side cable I just aligned and tightened. It improved significantly, and now has definitely settled into the sweet spot.

I learned from this vidya, though he loads side-to-side. Front-to-back did it for me. I'm sure the mounts are helping to keep it in the zone. The whole ride feels like it's on rails, even under high-boost WOT loads.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
My experience was there was just that little whisper of notch from 3 to 4. I installed the mounts, and it helped, but not totally. With the mounts settled after about 500 miles, I readjusted the cables, making sure to push the front-to-back cable all the way towards the firewall/cabin, and really torque it down. The side-to-side cable I just aligned and tightened. It improved significantly, and now has definitely settled into the sweet spot.

I learned from this vidya, though he loads side-to-side. Front-to-back did it for me. I'm sure the mounts are helping to keep it in the zone. The whole ride feels like it's on rails, even under high-boost WOT loads.

Awesome, thanks. After I get the mounts in and settled I'm going to go back and align the cables. 1st and second are a little bit of an issue. Getting into first I sometimes have to motion to second gear before I can get into first smoothly.

The alignment is a pain with not much room but I guess I have to be patient and work at it.

Thanks for the vid. I know I've seen vids from Dieselgeek before but not this one.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Installed the Sigma 6 and OEM metal bracket with TyrolSport bushings over the weekend.

To say it's a huge difference over the Boomba short throw adapter and USP shifter bushings is a massive understatement.

I'm having a tough time with 1st and 3rd on occasion, so I think I need to adjust the side-to-side bracket again. I'm going to give it the rest of the week to break in and adjust over the weekend.

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed the Sigma 6 and OEM metal bracket with TyrolSport bushings over the weekend.

To say it's a huge difference over the Boomba short throw adapter and USP shifter bushings is a massive understatement.

I'm having a tough time with 1st and 3rd on occasion, so I think I need to adjust the side-to-side bracket again. I'm going to give it the rest of the week to break in and adjust over the weekend.

Great to hear it stacks up well against the Boomba. I always wondered how that bit of kit would have gone...