GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel Refurb Advice

apoc_reg

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,

I'm lucky enough to have a new GTD MK7 with the standard diamond cut alloys. Unfortunately my fiancée managed to scrape one of them yesterday.

Any clue what I can expect to pay for a refurb? Chips Away online form quoted a ridiculous £300 which I'm hoping isn't right :eek:

VW Garage say that I can have 3 years cover for £299 but would rather just get it fixed if I could get it for a decent amount less that that.

Thanks!
Rich

Pic: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AFtYoVVrG2geuzk&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
I went for the insurance option, the diamonds aren't quite as easy to refurb as standard alloys. Depending on how long you've had the car you might, if you've got a nice temporary blind salesman, still be able to get the insurance.. think it's 30 days or something .. maybe the fiancée might pay if she wants to 'get and stay' married =)

Beyond that, you should be looking at around £80 for a fix.
Suggest you might speak with your salesrep at the dealer, he should be able to put you in touch with the person/company who do their wheel work on used vehicles.

oh and £300..... prob buys you a new wheel..

J

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The little dink on mine (which I forget is tere until these threads) was quoted at £130 ish at several places, if ever there is annoying visible damage I will just go and get a previously owned rim.

apoc_reg

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks a lot guys

The wedding isn't off this time, but if I get it fixed and she does it again!!! :D

She claims its my fault as I make her worry about damaging them so much... hmm not sure that one would fly in court!

It seems this is a bit more annoying to have done than I thought, I like the insurance option (given she will be driving it again!) but I don't like the idea of paying insurance on a car that at the end of the PCP agreement I'll be giving back! Not going to see anything like that in terms of its value at that point. But then I do hate having the slightest dink!

The dealership will still let me take out the insurance but weren't forthcoming in offering to have them fixed as a one off saying they couldn't do them themselves.

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
The VW wheel insurance covers you for 10 claims in the term (36 Months)
If wheel is a damage write off, this counts as two claims.

Repairer comes to house/work and takes wheel off, returns when sorted..
Wife doesn't feel intimidated by car, relaxes when driving, I get to have a beer..
Still married after 20yrs +

&

all for £100 a year..

Bargin
:eek:

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
£100 per wheel around here for a full refirb. Chops Away farm out the work then add their chink of profit on top.

Wheel insurance is a salesman's money maker and useless unless you can not park properly without damaging the wheels every week so avoid like the plague.

Rafal

Ready to race!
Hi All,

I'm lucky enough to have a new GTD MK7 with the standard diamond cut alloys. Unfortunately my fiancée managed to scrape one of them yesterday.

Any clue what I can expect to pay for a refurb? Chips Away online form quoted a ridiculous £300 which I'm hoping isn't right :eek:

VW Garage say that I can have 3 years cover for £299 but would rather just get it fixed if I could get it for a decent amount less that that.

Thanks!
Rich

Pic: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AFtYoVVrG2geuzk&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG
Don't listen, these can't be fixed. They will never be the same no matter how much you spend on them. Get a new wheel, and a new fiancée, or it will happen again.