GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Depo Racing (ebay) catted downpipe review

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
if one persons hangers are too far back from the mounts (krog29)and the other person end connection is 2inches short of being near the factory exhaust connection with a dp that's made is a gig so essentially should be the same sizes, there is a pretty good chance those issues are related to how you installed the top section as unless this DP has tabs that mount to the block you can clock the top section forward (towards block) or backwards (towards firewall) and while it will all fit and seem to clear its altering the end location of both the hangers and the exit.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
if one persons hangers are too far back from the mounts (krog29)and the other person end connection is 2inches short of being near the factory exhaust connection with a dp that's made is a gig so essentially should be the same sizes, there is a pretty good chance those issues are related to how you installed the top section as unless this DP has tabs that mount to the block you can clock the top section forward (towards block) or backwards (towards firewall) and while it will all fit and seem to clear its altering the end location of both the hangers and the exit.

I can’t really adjust mine unless he made the studs from the dp to the hanger shorter then normal or something

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I can’t really adjust mine unless he made the studs from the dp to the hanger shorter then normal or something

Update: I wanted to say I had installer error my bad. My vibrant spacer is great I have no engine light with the middle ring and my issue with the pipe being too short was I needed to pull the factory exhaust towards the dp and that fixed that issue whoops.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm tempted to buy this for sound alone (till I tune it.)
My only concern is the tail of the DP is removable but does not come with a 3 output option.
Think I could chop the tip off and it would reach the catback or do I need something made?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm tempted to buy this for sound alone (till I tune it.)
My only concern is the tail of the DP is removable but does not come with a 3 output option.
Think I could chop the tip off and it would reach the catback or do I need something made?

You would need something to fill the gap. You could either have a small chunk of 3" pipe welded on to extend the pipe. or just use a chunk of 3" pipe in between with a clamp.

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure that would help in this application. The downpipe meets the catback with a butt joint and slip band clamp. A v band wouldn't work.
You are right. It wouldn't work, I didn't realize that the mid pipe is so long.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I have the rev9 downpipe and theres much more than 1/4" between the downpipe and ABS heat shield. For that matter, theres plenty of space between it and any part of the car. It just takes time to get it fitted perfectly then welded up.

As far as this downpipe goes, if I hadn't already bought a downpipe I would get this one in a heartbeat. Price is amazing and quality seems great.
Looks like I'm back looking for a downpipe for my 2019. I'll be going the Depo Racing route this time