GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Demon Trans tries to bankrupt me, at least it's not a DSG - that would be gay

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It’s not fully a rebrand, it’s a clutch kit that’s manufactured by clutchmasters to ringers specs (which happens more often than people think)

Southbend for example gets Made by exedy
Exedy...mmmm....ran it in my stage III WRX.....loved exedy

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It’s not fully a rebrand, it’s a clutch kit that’s manufactured by clutchmasters to ringers specs (which happens more often than people think)

Southbend for example gets Made by exedy
Ah so its not like its a clutchmaster fx### with a different logo slapped onto the box.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ah so it’s not like it’s a clutchmaster fx### with a different logo slapped onto the box.
Correct, reality it’s the only part that they make that’s proprietary to the ringer kits is the disc though, the plate options are just selections of the current offerings (HD & XD) but painted silver in lieu of white when CM branded, flywheel options are exact offerings and it’s all packaged up and drop shipped from CM too, just in a blank box with a ringer tag inside Vs the branded cm boxes.

*i ran a cm fx500 (oe dual mass flywheel) as my first clutch and the disc and plate were fine.. but I broke the replacement Sachs flywheel from trying to launch it with sticky tires… then went dkm twin (nightmare) and now am running ringer stage 5 with another Sachs dual mass again (no launching allowed 😂)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
ACT is what I replaced after 20k miles. I suspect Paypal will side with me and Mike knows it which is why he's so upset and at the very end offered a full refund if I return the unused items. Did you ever have to go through the dispute/claim process with Paypal though? Right now he seems to just be leaving the last message 'unread' instead of letting it go to review by Paypal.
I did a couple years ago. For a splitter I never received. I got the diffuser, but not the splitter. Filed a claim and was refunded no questions asked a couple days later. I waited about 2 months before I filed a claim though, trying to give the vendor every chance to make it right. I will keep the vendor omitted because they are on this forum. I asked them multiple times to just send what I paid for lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I don't know man. Car gives me the vibes that the previous owner was douchey.
Oh new car vibes are even worse!!! Cause I just transferred my custom plates instead of new ones 😂😂

Looking for the Wookie sound and all you’ll hear is the sound of a microwave heating up a hot pocket

IMG_8023.jpeg

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've been running a Ringer Racing Stage 3 clutch with the self adjusting pressure plate and a Sachs dmf on my Stage 1 tune (soon to be Stage 2) for almost 20,000 miles and it's been fantastic. A little heavier pedal than stock but grabs effortlessly and its so smooth between shifts. I feel confident that it can handle more power than I'm giving it atm. Shout out to AJ for his input and experience that he posted in an older clutch thread about Ringer which helped me make my decision. Also, questions that I had for Mike Hood at Ringer were answered promptly which really sealed the deal for me. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I spoke to Mike before making the purchase and I thought he was great too. But once his faulty product he sold started to affect his own wallet is when he suddenly wasn't so helpful and professional anymore