GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delivery times.

bugawuz

Had a GTD on order since 1st July, build week has been confirmed as week 40, any idea when it's likely to be delivered?

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
end of October but more likely beginning of November. had mine on order since 2nd April and it's only just been built. your doing quite well really compared to others!

bugawuz

Thanks mcmaddy, that's good news!
I was originally told 20/21 weeks, which would have been the end of November, but hopefully it will come before that as long as the build date doesn't move :)

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
20/21 is an earliest estimate. I would expect upwards of 24 at the minute as the factory for some orders are 2 weeks behind. it's a bit of pot luck to be honest but you might be one of the lucky ones.

bugawuz

OK, I guess i'll have to wait and see how it goes! :)
Is there anything that would delay delivery after it's built, or is it that they're likely to push the build date out?

deangtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Order my GTD on 31 May, collecting it next Friday (18 October). Crazy lead times but it'll be worth it. I have only seen one new GTI on the road and no GTD's so happy with that.

Batman1983

Bluemotion 110 3 dr

Hi i have order a 3 door bluemotion 110 through as a lease car i am wondered if anyone else has ordered a true bluemotion golf and how long the lead time has been or is going to be.

Thanks

badboybubby

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2.0 TDI SE 150 6 Speed Manual ordered on 7th Jan has a build date of 16th Feb. I'm hoping I'll get it by early to mid May.

I think I might be the only person who doesn't want mine early as a) Don't want a car with a 63 Plate on it - want a 14 plate! and b) Don't want it delivering in Snow and Ice.

I would however be very dissapointed if it doesn't arrive before 20th May as I'm planning going on holiday in it then!

What do you think my chances are on a Mid May delivery date?

Cheers

Scott :)

redbutcher

Ready to race!
My 2.0 TDI SE 150 6 Speed Manual ordered on 7th Jan has a build date of 16th Feb. I'm hoping I'll get it by early to mid May.

I think I might be the only person who doesn't want mine early as a) Don't want a car with a 63 Plate on it - want a 14 plate! and b) Don't want it delivering in Snow and Ice.

I would however be very dissapointed if it doesn't arrive before 20th May as I'm planning going on holiday in it then!

Cheers

Going by my timeline:-

Build week 13/01
In transit 2 days later 15/01
In the UK 11 days later from build week 24/01
With the dealer 23 days after build week 05/02

I'd say you are more than likely going to get the car in April. If we say roughly 4-5 weeks from build week then I'd say around early/mid April.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion

Cheers

Well no you are not on your own - I want a 14 plate after the weather eases up too!

I presume its a typo in your post and you mean mid March? I would say second half of March is more likely if you are BW8 (16/02) - certainly not May!

Wolly

Passed Driver's Ed
Still not got a build week for mine yet, ordered 02 of feb, the estimate on the order is delivery on April 9th anyone know how accurate the estimates are?

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I may have misunderstood Wolly - but you say you have ordered a few days ago? Official build weeks (from the factory - not to be confused with dealers 'estimated' build weeks) are allocated by the factory around a month before build. You may well have some time to wait - I ordered 1st November last year and got my build week two weeks ago - BW8 - I expect my car to arrive second half of March.