GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Default Bluetooth Device

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey all,

I'm hoping this is a simple fix, but nothing jumped out at me in the menu or with a quick search.

2015 GTI S with MIB 1

Is there a way to specify a default device for Bluetooth? Both my wife and I have our phones in the system, but the car seems to decide at random which it wants to connect to (I'm guessing whichever it finds first). I'd really like to specify mine as the main device and then hers as the backup if mine cannot be found, or at least available to choose manually when we want to use hers. I'm not sure if the alphabet has anything to do with it, but hers does show up first because her device name is alphabetically first.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Maybe change the setting on her phone to not automatically connect

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just ask your wife to turn off bluetooth while she's in the car.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Maybe change the setting on her phone to not automatically connect

Yeah, not sure why I didn't think of the phone side of things haha. Probably will be easiest. I'm not as familiar with Apple (hers), but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Just ask your wife to turn off bluetooth while she's in the car.

Probably won't happen since it's always connected to her FitBit haha. I think MonkeyMD is on the right track.

Thanks!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I'm dealing with the same deal - even worse, sometimes i gotta follow her in her car which also has both of our phones connected and life gets all sorts of messed up LOL!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm dealing with the same deal - even worse, sometimes i gotta follow her in her car which also has both of our phones connected and life gets all sorts of messed up LOL!

Yup, some days we'll have to commute separately and when we're in our respective cars next to each other, the GTI will still pick hers up haha.