GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Debating Getting a JB1 or JB4

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm a total noob when it comes to modding and tuning and I was hoping I could get some advice on whether I should go with a JB1 or JB4. My natural inclination is to go with the JB4 since it's "new and improved" over the JB1. But I just want to make sure that I'm not overlooking some considerations and make sure it is a good fit for my needs and skill/knowledge level overall. I've been reading up on other threads as much as I can but it can be a bit overwhelming sorting through all the information and chaff out there, so I hoping to get some straight forward answers. These are the some of the considerations bouncing around my head. Thanks in advance.

1. Price: This really isn't much of a concern for me. Imo $50 is rather negligible.

2. Ease of installation: I'm an average DIY'er but I'm definitely hoping for an easy install. Looking at the installation guides they seem very similar. I just want to confirm that installing the JB4 is not more difficult.

3. User friendliness of software/features of JB1 vs JB4: As stated above, I a total noob when it comes to modding and tuning. Right now, I'm perfectly content with going with MAP 1 and 35-45hp gain with my stock set up. Is it pretty straight forward to set this up with the JB4 or is it more complicated? Honestly, the added features and capabilities of the JB4 go over my head. But I'm hoping this is a unit that will grow with my needs as I learn more.

Again thanks!

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Both Jb1 and Jb4 are user friendly and easy to install. JB4 has an OBD wire that needs to run inside the cabin where as the JB1 does not, otherwise the install is the same. The JB4 and JB1 use the same software if I remember correctly. The benefit of JB4 is once you learn more, it has greater capabilities and has a better resale value. In the end, both are literally plug in and play, both come preset to map 1.