GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer quoted strange parts

ptown

Hi everyone, last week I went into my local VW dealership and asked for a quote to install a RVC on my 2015 VW Golf TSI 1.4L (Base model). The quoted parts included wires and the labour, but one part which I assumed being the the RVC doesn't seem like it actually is. I found the part online and I'm confused as to whether it can fit in my car or not, and if it's actually a RVC or not.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/mechanism/5g0827469ffod/

I've attached a photo of the dealership quote sheet (Don't mind the hand writing, I found the part a little cheaper online haha).

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
The OEM RVC is a complete latch assembly. They'll be removing your current latch assembly and replacing it with the new one that holds the camera and motor.

ptown

The OEM RVC is a complete latch assembly. They'll be removing your current latch assembly and replacing it with the new one that holds the camera and motor.

Thanks for clarifying that, that explains it. So the latch assembly has a RVC built in sort of thing? Sorry i'm pretty new with this stuff.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yup, if you look on one with a RVC, the hatch handle pops up and the camera pokes out from underneath it. When you pu the car in drive, the camera goes back under the hatch handle in a few seconds.