GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dcc issues

Greg_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 golf R
I found this thread because I'm trying to diagnose what's going on with the factory Monroe DCC dampers on my low-mileage 2019 GTI Rabbit. Everything about the car feels so solid, but driving over road imperfections feels like the suspension is from a 1985 Tercel. Noisy, jittery, and crushingly stiff regardless of drive mode. Surprisingly "comfort" is the worst setting. A passenger said it sounds and feels like the car has toilet plungers for shocks :cautious:. I find it hard to believe came from the factory like this.
I experienced the same thing as you. I changed every suspension component including brand new oem dcc shocks.I Did the calibration, checked all the sensors related to the dcc system, pretty much drove myself crazy and it still made noises over low speed potholes that drove me insane. Dont know how more people dont notice it on these cars and i cant believe it leaves the factory like this. I tried 2 other dcc golf r’s and they made the same noises over bumps from the front suspension as mine did. I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. I ended up putting s3 springs and s3 shocks on my car. Problem solved.
I never really liked dcc, along with the noises it just felt weird. At the end of the day you have 3 different dampening settings for 1 spring rate.
Another option that you could do is non dcc golf r/gti struts with dcc cancellation kit.

ohtwo

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I experienced the same thing as you. I changed every suspension component including brand new oem dcc shocks.I Did the calibration, checked all the sensors related to the dcc system, pretty much drove myself crazy and it still made noises over low speed potholes that drove me insane. Dont know how more people dont notice it on these cars and i cant believe it leaves the factory like this. I tried 2 other dcc golf r’s and they made the same noises over bumps from the front suspension as mine did. I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. I ended up putting s3 springs and s3 shocks on my car. Problem solved.
I never really liked dcc, along with the noises it just felt weird. At the end of the day you have 3 different dampening settings for 1 spring rate.
Another option that you could do is non dcc golf r/gti struts with dcc cancellation kit.
It's just such a disconnect that some people LOVE their DCC and swear by how the different modes completely transform the character of the car. I'll start with the wheels-down calibration and see where that gets me. Would rather not pay for a DCC cancellation kit, considering I sought out this car precisely because it came equipped with DCC.

Greg_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 golf R
It's just such a disconnect that some people LOVE their DCC and swear by how the different modes completely transform the character of the car. I'll start with the wheels-down calibration and see where that gets me. Would rather not pay for a DCC cancellation kit, considering I sought out this car precisely because it came equipped with DCC.
Ya I hear you, felt the same way, been down the same road. I definitely felt the different characteristics of each mode but the noises over bumps drove me crazy. Very frustrating, I wish you luck, hope the calibration helps.