GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dammit Parking Ticket!!

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Ok just wanted to get some advice from you guys and see if I could fight this and not have to pay.

I was going to the childrens hospital in downtown Sacramento and since there was like 50 buildings I didnt know which parking garage to go into so I decided to park on a neighborhood street and just find the right building on foot(much easier)

So I park right behind some car and make sure not to block the driveway to a house. I ask a couple of people walking around that are walking their dogs and seem like they live close and all of them are clueless but they say it should be fine since theres no visible signs.

I kept giving myself reasons why this isnt right but everything checks out so Im like fine Ill just go my friend was starving because he was watching his kid and I was the food-bringer. Im at the hospital til about 9 o clock at night and as I walk to my car Im hoping I dont see a white slip on my windshield,but of course, there was

It was stating that only people with permits can park there. So I start walking toward the other side of the street and I see(and pretty damn far too) that theres a sign posted. Beside that fact, the street is FULL of trees that are blocking the sign from the side which Im at.

Thing about my situation was, is that I didnt drive down the street to be able to see those far away signs, this was my situation.

Yea, I know its a crappy paint diagram but Im not a pro at other programs so here it is

So pretty much I didnt drive down the street, I came right out of the uc davis lot and went straight into that parking, there was a million police cars and parking enforcement cars there its not like I would ever think I can get away with doing it seeing as how I was RIGHT across from them.

So that seems like all I can come up with for what the situation was, oh and one more thing. They didnt right the last four of my VIN, it just said "NV", maybe meaning not visible? But there was no rain that night or nothing was covering my windshield.

I want to write a letter as an appeal or whatever and Im thinking about what Ill need to say, probably what Ive said here already, maybe even send em that crappy paint pic lol

Usually this wouldnt be a big deal but I dont have a job now and I already payed 110 bucks for parking close to a fire hydrant but that was because the house I parked in front of have a grudge against my friends who live there and called it in when my car wasnt even close to the damn thing.

Thus why I was even MORE careful parking here this time but I still got hit with a ticket. Life sucks, especially when your broke.

Looking forward to your guys advice and opinions, thanks. :thumbsup:

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
Permit for what neighborhood parking or hospital parking?

Well if you said that the sign was covered with trees and not visible then you have a case. Id take a picture of the sign and the tree blocking the visibility of the sign then its not your fault, and go to either city hall or the police station and have them look at it.

Same shit happened to me when there was a no turn on red sign which I had no idea it was even there because it was wasnt even facing the lane I was in. Looked like someone twisted the pole (lol no homo) and I had no idea what it was, so I just went on ahead. I got pulled over and I immediately turned around and went right back and took a pic of the twisted sign, right there on the spot. I went to the police station showed them the ticket I was written and then gave them the photo, and they dropped the ticket. A couple days later that sign was fixed too.

sbghms

Crubs fents brushes
Car(s)
09 CW rabbit
For some reason this reminded me of this one time i was driving my parent's tiguan. I noticed a parking ticket on the windshield as I was driving and thought I'd get it when I arrived at my destination. It was sprinkling so I flicked the wipers once and didn't think anything of it. The ticket mysteriously disappeared...

That's pretty crappy though. You might be able to fight it... if you go in or write a letter you should be able to get it reduced.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Permit for what neighborhood parking or hospital parking?

Well if you said that the sign was covered with trees and not visible then you have a case. Id take a picture of the sign and the tree blocking the visibility of the sign then its not your fault, and go to either city hall or the police station and have them look at it.

Same shit happened to me when there was a no turn on red sign which I had no idea it was even there because it was wasnt even facing the lane I was in. Looked like someone twisted the pole (lol no homo) and I had no idea what it was, so I just went on ahead. I got pulled over and I immediately turned around and went right back and took a pic of the twisted sign, right there on the spot. I went to the police station showed them the ticket I was written and then gave them the photo, and they dropped the ticket. A couple days later that sign was fixed too.

Didnt specify what type, when I ran up to it at night I think I saw it just say Type B or something

AdvanSuper

Banned
Those signs are setup like that purposely to give out tickets to people who cannot see them or don't look around carefully enough they do the same shit in NY. I don't know how much it will hold up by you just saying "I didn't see the sign and a tree was blocking it here is my picture take a look." It's worth a try and the worst thing that happens is that you have to pay it anyway.

FNR32

Ready to race!
Just pay the ticket and move on with your life. Live and learn.

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi
take some pics. when i was waiting for a case myself a person came in with a similar situation and they had their case dismissed. bring in lots of photos with doubles.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
take some pics. when i was waiting for a case myself a person came in with a similar situation and they had their case dismissed. bring in lots of photos with doubles.

Sorry maybe Im just stupid but what do you mean by doubles?

Oh and FNr32, whats your problem, maybe you didnt read the last part of my thread