GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTSTurbo Cat-back question

patarch

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

I know this has been discussed a few times but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

I have bought tons of their products over the years and they are usually top notch, but apparently, a portion of the exhaust hangs very close to ground, near the axle, which seems surprising to me.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm lowered on Neuspeed race springs and I don't want to hit my exhaust all the time, especially with our winters here.

Can anyone share their experience with it? Or even share pictures?

Some argue that is has to be an installation error, but no one ever came forward demystifying this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I think it does hang lower than other exhausts, look at the flange near the rear control arm:

I don't think its going to scrape with just springs, but that is an odd place for a flange.

patarch

Ready to race!
Yeah, here is what I found though... A little scary..

Brainclaw

Ready to race!
I have it, It does hang PRETTY low. Especially if you have it lowered. I personally would not lower it past 1.6". I have H&R Sport Springs and i have tinged the exhaust one time, but in saying that it was due to low visibility and hitting a dip too hard/fast loaded with passengers. The part that hangs down is right in-between the 2 rear tires,so unless your hauling ass and hit a dip with a lot of weight inside the car or take a really weird angle over something raised in the middle. You should be fine as long as you don't lower it past 1.6ish inches. I personally LOVE the CTS TBE, its easy to install and in my opinion the quality outweighs the inconvenience of it hanging down pretty low. I would get it :)

Edit:I can take some pictures when i get home if you would like to see what it looks like on a lowered car.

patarch

Ready to race!
Edit:I can take some pictures when i get home if you would like to see what it looks like on a lowered car.

I would very much appreciate this as the Neuspeed race springs lower the car 1.6 inches if not more.

You make a good point about it being in between the wheels though...

Thanks a lot!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I think those pics you posted aren't installed right. That's how low mine was when loosely fitting it. It goes up quite a bit from there. I'm on KW V1 coil overs and I haven't hit once.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Here's mine after being adjusted.

patarch

Ready to race!

Brainclaw

Ready to race!
Apologies if the image is HUGE,sending from phone. If you want a different angle lemme know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Brainclaw

Ready to race!

I do remember those pictures you posed from a different thread and I am pretty sure they contacted someone at CTS and he said that, that is the way its suppose to fit. Supposedly of course,cant say that it was legitimate 100%

Last edited:

patarch

Ready to race!
Thanks guys!

Brainclaw

Ready to race!
Yeah,I am not 100% sure the logistics of that being so low.