GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Girlfriend keeps mocking my car for having bouncy suspension. The roads can be truly awful in Cambridge and Somerville, so I always call out "Turbulence!"and turn on the Fasten Seatbelts sign. Thinking it's time to pull the trigger on Special Actives when the paycheck hits this week. She actually said she'd chip in on suspension work so I guess it's pretty bad.

Prev seller said the car is on eibach lowering springs, so I guess I'd need to get some stock height springs right?
Email Koni and double check, but I’m 95% sure they told me they’re meant to work with stock springs.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Girlfriend keeps mocking my car for having bouncy suspension. The roads can be truly awful in Cambridge and Somerville, so I always call out "Turbulence!"and turn on the Fasten Seatbelts sign. Thinking it's time to pull the trigger on Special Actives when the paycheck hits this week. She actually said she'd chip in on suspension work so I guess it's pretty bad.

Prev seller said the car is on eibach lowering springs, so I guess I'd need to get some stock height springs right?
Email Koni and double check, but I’m 95% sure they told me they’re meant to work with stock springs.
Pretty sure mine came with a notecard in each box that said something along the lines of "for stock springs only" or something to that effect. They've been great even though my car looks like a lifted Golf/lowered Tiguan.

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
On the one hand I cry because I really like how it sits currently, on the other hand I could get some money back if I sell the springs.

Edit: no money back if I have to buy stock springs too 😢

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The front of mk8 looks like it belongs on a hyundai or kia, and the rear looks like a square. I need a rear with some round curves yknow.
Shut your whore mouth when you're talking.

Meh, it's grown on me.

And the interior complaints are overblown.

The mk8 GTI uses mk7 CS bushings. RSB and springs, mk7 R clutch in the manuals, and aluminum subframe.

CSB: First day owning mk7, took an off ramp quickly and it almost understeered straight into the railing and the body roll was insane.

Mk8 is neutral off the showroom floor and much flatter cornering.

It's true, I shit you not. Ask Matt, he's the official mk8 guru.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Totes, though your DCC is probably a little flatter than the static. But even the static base suspension is a big improvement over the mk7. Neutral and flatter. I like it. It doesn’t yet feel like it “fits” me like a glove like the mk7 did though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Totes, though your DCC is probably a little flatter than the static. But even the static base suspension is a big improvement over the mk7. Neutral and flatter. I like it. It doesn’t yet feel like it “fits” me like a glove like the mk7 did though.
It's more comfortable to me, but I'm shorter and fatter than you are.

The dash doesn't extend as far rearward and makes the entire cabin feel like there's much more room for activities.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Shut your whore mouth when you're talking.

Meh, it's grown on me.

And the interior complaints are overblown.

The mk8 GTI uses mk7 CS bushings. RSB and springs, mk7 R clutch in the manuals, and aluminum subframe.

CSB: First day owning mk7, took an off ramp quickly and it almost understeered straight into the railing and the body roll was insane.

Mk8 is neutral off the showroom floor and much flatter cornering.

It's true, I shit you not. Ask Matt, he's the official mk8 guru.
that made me laugh hard

nice to hear about those niceties!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

CSB3: Gti On Stock Springs = Tiguan. Tiguan On Lowering Springs = GTI.​

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Did the VW routan ever come with a manual trans? I was excited to find out there was a MK1 tiguan with a manual

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Did the VW routan ever come with a manual trans? I was excited to find out there was a MK1 tiguan with a manual
hell no its a fucking caravan from the late 00's lol

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Which outline was the early 2k's Civic? I'm guessing that's the minivan outline woodski missed
1709578822832.png

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh my...
1709578956741.png