GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I heard the nt05 and 615k's aren't terrible in rain

(relatively to the rest of the list which is a collection of ice pucks :ROFLMAO: )

But in all seriousness are you looking for summer tires or all seasons?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So how's the car?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I heard the nt05 and 615k's aren't terrible in rain

(relatively to the rest of the list which is a collection of ice pucks :ROFLMAO: )

But in all seriousness are you looking for summer tires or all seasons?

3-seasons. I have pilot sport alpin for snows. So spring through fall. But we get rain all the damn time here so I need to move water.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Who's gonna get one next?
Oh yea? When's the eBay ad going up for the blue one!!!??? lol

sterkrazzy: "I know what I got, good luck finding one in this rare color combination with the tech package. Bonus, it's engine is already broken in and only has 947 miles. I really wanted to be the first to fart in it but I abstained from doing so. This is the reason I'm only adding 30,000usd to the MSRP. Happy bidding n00bz!"

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
So how's the car?
I love it. It's a fun to car to drive. The exhaust sounds so nice, but I do think an upgrade will be required. If it was opened up just a little bit more...The transmission is actually amazing. The upshifts are incredibly smooth, most of them you don't even feel it. The downshifts can give you a little jerk when you're on the brakes, at least in the lower gears. It was nice having a 7th gear and not being at 3k+ rpms at 80 mph. I was going 70-80 most of the way and 80 only puts it at like 2.1-2.2k rpms. The sound of the shifts when you're really on the throttle is probably one of my favorite parts. It's nothing like a gti dsg fart. The behavior of the transmission never annoyed me. It didn't matter what mode it was in. It behaved perfectly for each mode. It never wondered through gears and wasn't sure where it should be. There were some times it got a little squirrely just trying to go straight at higher speeds. My best guess is it might have something to do with the mode I had it in and the way it changes how the power is delivered at the rear. It might have something to do with how light and sensitive the steering can be. I dunno, most of the time it wasn't a problem and that's really the only thing I can complain about. Once I switched the steering to comfort it didn't bother me as much, but I didn't try switching the rear torque to balanced and off of sport. It was also windy as hell. Holy shit. I pulled into a little town, I forget where, and I thought I'd roll my windows down, but it was a cross wind that made it worse than having your windows down on the highway. It could just be this car gets pushed around by the wind easily.

ACC was fucking amazing the whole way down. There was only a couple times where I had to deal with stop and go traffic on the highway or under 10 mph speeds, but the ACC handled it perfectly. It's kinda cool having it manual while you're in traffic like that. It's doing all the throttle inputs and braking, but I'm telling it when to shift and down shift.

I'm worn out af after that, but I'm glad to be home. I can't believe I actually made this shit happen and I actually went up to that shithole to buy a car. I'm excited as hell that I get to drive this thing around town now. There is nothing cooler than seeing this thing in a parking lot. It just looks so fuckin good.

You bros are also the best bros. Of all the forum bros I've met over the years you bros are my favorite bros.

I think I'll go to work for a little bit tomorrow, but only after the car gets washed.

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
If I had a reason to replace the GTI...
3-seasons. I have pilot sport alpin for snows. So spring through fall. But we get rain all the damn time here so I need to move water.
PS4S, PS4 if you want to save a few bucks and get close. Pricey though.

If you're a cheap skate, Indy 500's for like half the price. They're not great in the wet, but they're not unsafe or anything.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Planned and hosted a big summit thing for my job this week. The team that came from Japan brought me a present and they're delicious.
PXL_20230224_042633223.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Maybe in a few years I could justify the cost of a used 8Y S3 and cry myself to sleep pretending it has 5cyls....

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Planned and hosted a big summit thing for my job this week. The team that came from Japan brought me a present and they're delicious.
View attachment 274125

I love the dark green.

I forgot who I said I’d send a sampler pack to.

AEB11468-12D2-47F5-A119-E5B24CC2BBF6.jpeg

Buddy sent me a large flat rate box filled to the brim.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Status
Not open for further replies.