GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
you're going to do dumb shit, for the love of god don't record yourself doing it and post it online.
OK BOOMER HOW AM I GONNA GET CLOUT IF I DON'T DO THAT, GENIUS

😏

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Too bad it's not actually Kyalami. Is it actually $65k though?
Kyalami seems to be the default pic for a lot of them regardless of what color it really is.

I've yet to see a dealer mark up a new rs3 on their site, but that doesn't mean it's not marked up. Lol

I've only reached out to a few dealers during all of this. I hate playing the game and I'm lazy. When it's that far away I'm not really interested. I'd really rather only deal with my dealer and I'm expecting to see their next rs3 incoming on their site soon, based on no information at all of course.

Their first car arrived in July, the next one was December, so if they can keep getting one every 5 months then the next one will be about May and it'd be on the site as in transit in the next month. There's 2 people ahead me they could still offer it to. If it ends up being kemora or kyalami then I see it going to one of the guys ahead of me. Guy #1 wants kemora, #2 is kyalami. I have a good chance if it's neither of those.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
There's 9 new rs3s listed on car gurus though. It's been a couple months since I've seen the nationwide inventory in the double digits.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I have a dentist appointment today. Does anybody else like going to the dentist or am I the weird one?
I enjoy going to the dentist. Mine is actually really cool and also very into coffee. We end up bullshitting for probably a solid 15 minutes after every appointment.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Dealers playing the national level demand to justify markup?
I don't see anyone adjusting it. Whatever that individual dealer was doing at the beginning is probably still making deals the same way today. None of them knew it was gonna be this bad though. My dealer told me 6-9 months. Tomorrow makes it exactly 7 months. The people ahead of me that actually got allocations have had their orders pushed back to august 2023 when their original delivery date was nov/dec 2022. My dealer is still doing only msrp deals at this point too.

Nothing is done the same way from dealer to dealer. I went to my dealer because it was msrp, no dealer add options, no extra charges at all except the required tax and reg/doc fee. Then later on I find out the cars that aren't custom ordered will only be offered to people in line. There's dealers that are marking up whether you're in line or not. There's some that will get these rs3s they didnt order and they'll offer it to the first person that agrees to pay their marked up. That kinda screws anybody in line. If I grab a new one from a dealer that isn't my dealer that's what I'll be doing, but I'll do that if it's within like a 10-12 hour drive for the right car. There's a bunch of shit that has to line up right for me to make that happen. I feel like if a used one pops up I'll have a better chance.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I haven't tried talking to a dealer out of state yet. I can't sell to people that don't live in the same region of the state. If you're in Tampa I tell you to go to your dealer in Tampa, I can't sell it.

I saw one guy that lived in cali complaining about dealers in texas not wanting to sell to him. lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I haven't tried talking to a dealer out of state yet. I can't sell to people that don't live in the same region of the state. If you're in Tampa I tell you to go to your dealer in Tampa, I can't sell it.

I saw one guy that lived in cali complaining about dealers in texas not wanting to sell to him. lol
Is that because of the headache on taxes?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
@uglybastard
The thread title… keep that shit on the DL. That’s for just between us.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
@uglybastard
The thread title… keep that shit on the DL. That’s for just between us.
You can't tell the difference between uglys titles and mine? His are boring, mine are awesome. Get it together before corprin arrests you

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I meant the royal us, Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.