GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crankcase pressure issue

dizla

Car(s)
porsche macan 2.0
Hello,

I'm on a built motor with EQT XL turbo, boosting 32psi and my engine has some blowby issue most probably due to excess ring gap or another reason.

The OEM PCV valve works good when it works, minimum oil consumption, no rough idle etc. however even the latest version of this valve only lasted 6 months on my engine and I had to put an APR catch can system on the engine. Catch can itself works, it keeps the water vapor and all that other nasty stuff in and no actual oil goes in to the can however my engine started leaking oil from the front timing cover and I am assuming this is due to the fact that APR system cannot release the crankcase pressure correctly like the factory OEM PCV.

Has anyone else seen the same issue? I even tried to vent to atmosphere with the APR can but no difference.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I’m following, sorry I have no answer for you.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I have the same issue. No obvious solution that I know of, though I’m not an expert. There’s a few threads on this that basically end up at newest PCV rev being closest thing to a solution. Please update the thread if you find a good solution.

When you said you tried to vent to atmosphere, how did you do this? I was thinking crankcase breather filter but I haven’t tried that yet.

Caughtbycops

Passed Driver's Ed
timing cover is common on these motors, but your crankcase thought can be true as well, I was putting out over 600 and had to make a custom catch can that vented to atmosphere because I was blowing timing covers and other issues. Unfortunately, everyone's car is different, I have a good friend who has the same exact setup and I receive all the gremlins. I would do trial and error, is it the new version APR catch can? this is the new one https://www.ecstuning.com/b-apr-par...MIgPy3jIXD_gIVmQWtBh3sBAnzEAQYBCABEgL8xvD_BwE

When I get home I'll send a picture of my catch can I fabricated from the apr and fixed all my issues.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Have had similar issues with the Apr plate. Blew a turbine seal and have a leaking oil cap.

Went back to the latest OE pcv and no issues so far on low boost.

dizla

Car(s)
porsche macan 2.0
timing cover is common on these motors, but your crankcase thought can be true as well, I was putting out over 600 and had to make a custom catch can that vented to atmosphere because I was blowing timing covers and other issues. Unfortunately, everyone's car is different, I have a good friend who has the same exact setup and I receive all the gremlins. I would do trial and error, is it the new version APR catch can? this is the new one https://www.ecstuning.com/b-apr-par...MIgPy3jIXD_gIVmQWtBh3sBAnzEAQYBCABEgL8xvD_BwE

When I get home I'll send a picture of my catch can I fabricated from the apr and fixed all my issues.
Waiting for your photos thanks a lot!

Caughtbycops

Passed Driver's Ed
38DF9CDB-64C4-4EBF-8012-B173D0416B45.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E31304B-D39D-4E15-A1D9-19769C43F26A.jpeg
    1E31304B-D39D-4E15-A1D9-19769C43F26A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 104

Caughtbycops

Passed Driver's Ed
no my buddies shop. FFE a few years ago was planning on making a kit the same as this but they did not, I copied it.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Interesting, I'm guessing it's stainless steel? Any reason you chose it over the stock design?

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
no my buddies shop. FFE a few years ago was planning on making a kit the same as this but they did not, I copied it.
Do you have any other pictures? Trying to understand how your system works. You have two, equal vent ports on the cam cradle venting to a catch can which vents to atmosphere and what? an exhaust venturi?
vent to atmosphere on idle when no vacuum is present and use the exhaust to vent on load? Is that it?