GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Correct front upper strut bearing?

Crossle32

Passed Driver's Ed
I am replacing the Front Upper Strut Bearings on my 2016 VW Golf R. There are two listings for that part on the DAP website – both made by VW. 5QM-412-249 and the 5QM-412-249F. The first is about half the price of the latter. I contacted DAP and they didn't know the difference and recommended the 249. VW Parts Center has a different part number - 5QM-412-249E at a price between the two listed at DAP. Is there a real difference between these three and which would you recommend?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
F is the latest revision. I got the E version and it was half the price of the F. Seems to perform just fine. Don't know if there's an important difference or not.

jannickz

Car(s)
golf
Here's the breakdown of the three bearing part numbers you listed for the front upper strut ball bearing on your 2016 VW Golf R:

• 5QM-412-249: This seems to be the latest revision, potentially superseding the 5Q0-412-249E and 5Q0-412-249F. Information on the exact differences is scarce, but it's likely the most up-to-date version.
  • 5Q0-412-249E: This is an older revision that VW Parts Center listed.
  • 5Q0-412-249F: This is another older Insulated Bearing revision that some retailers might still have in stock.

Last edited: