GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant....

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
When did you last check your levels?
I looked at mine yesterday, it was just above the minimum, I was going to top up with some I had here, but noticed the MK7 uses G13 and I have G12, apparently you are not supposed to mix them.

Doden

Ready to race!
I had the low coolant alarm the other day after 10 months. Don't think I've ever had to top up coolant before! So went to the local VW dealer to get coolant and screenwash only to fall for the "would you like some engine oil too?" trick. Now £34 poorer.

Where did my coolant go by the way?

CELT100

Ready to race!
I have had 3 VW's before my current car and have never had to top my coolant in the first 3 years of owning the car. Maybe you have a leak somewhere?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
When did you last check your levels?
I looked at mine yesterday, it was just above the minimum, I was going to top up with some I had here, but noticed the MK7 uses G13 and I have G12, apparently you are not supposed to mix them.

G12, G12+ and G12++ are replaced by G13 since a couple of years ago. I have mixed them in e.g. our A4 and my former GTI 6 without problems. They are mixable.

/Peter

codz

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems that in Golf 7 coolant goes somewhere in the first 5000 km but after refill it stops and remain at level .. my case also

marvin1

Ready to race!
G12, G12+ and G12++ are replaced by G13 since a couple of years ago. I have mixed them in e.g. our A4 and my former GTI 6 without problems. They are mixable.

/Peter

Lots of liquids are 'mixable' but are they all compatible?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Lots of liquids are 'mixable' but are they all compatible?

Yes, you can mix almost everything…. ;).

They are compatible from what I have been informed. For sure I have been mixing G12 with G13 without any problems.

/Peter

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I just bought some G13 to top up the reservoir, as I undone the cap the pressure released and the fluid rose from min to max :eek:

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone doing this - please make sure engine is cold before opening the cap....