GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant Valve

Slatepicker

ZSB 5Q0 122 096G Coolant Valve

Golf/GTI VII
I am looking for this type of Coolant Valve to be replaced for my 2015 GTI SE 2dr. I mistakingly bought the wrong part - Coolant Shut-Off Valve (N82) ES#2644992 - Controls coolant flow from the auxiliary water pump for heater control - 4H0121671D that I bought through https://www.ecstuning.com... This part does not fit the 2015 GTI SE because the valve style changed.

I spoke with my local VW parts dealer and mentioned the part number for the Coolant Valve for my 2015 GTI SE. He mentioned the part you need now is 5Q0906457K that replaced the old 5Q0 122 096G. Is there anyone out there that was in the need of the Coolant Valve for their 2015 GTI SE. If so, did you have to buy a new one or a used part to have it replaced? This past winter was rough by having cold air coming from the Vents because the Solenoid was not working properly.

Slatepicker

Yes, I will be able to send the part that they gave me back to them.
1645579162758.png
My 2015 GTI part Coolant valve is on the left and the new one on the right. The new one has the solenoid connector coming out of the top, instead of the side and was not able to connect due to design.

racerboy999

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG (US)
Cool! I’ve been dealing with a cold winter in my USA 2015 SE - my troubleshooting has led me to either this part gone bad OR that I need a coolant flush.

Was this difficult to swap in? (It’s not hidden deep under the dash, is it?)

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
As Chris says, have a look for the thread on Vortex (I'd link it here, but that seems to get posts deleted) . In the grand scheme of things it's not a bad job - fiddly and annoying, but not really difficult.

Last edited: