GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conti ExtremeContact Tire Issues?

alexGolfR

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
In the span of three months, I've been into the dealership to get three new ExtremeContact DWS06+ tires. First one had a bulge in the sidewall (a month ago), second one a nail in the sidewall (how? I don't even know), and just today, the first tire I replaced due to the bulge had another bulge. Same exact tire. If anyone here is familiar with Cincinnati roads, they aren't the best. I do however try to avoid known bad roads and large potholes on the highways. Last one had some warranty on it, but still had to pay up a bit of money.

Has anyone else had issues with these tires? I can't possibly be that bad at driving lmao. Let's hope I make it through a set of tires. Down bad for sure.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have had issues. They introduced vibrations when new. Rebalancing didn't help. Vibrations lasted for some 10k miles. They subsided over time. I ran michelin pilot sport a/s3+ prior, no issues. I doubt I'll be buying contis again.

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I lost three DWS06 tires to potholes when I was running 235/35/19 on Englishtown wheels. No issues with the DWS06+ since going moving to 245/40/18.

alexGolfR

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I lost three DWS06 tires to potholes when I was running 235/35/19 on Englishtown wheels. No issues with the DWS06+ since going moving to 245/40/18.
Interesting, my first bulge appeared in my DWS06+ also running the 235/35/19 on Englishtown wheels. The dealership sold me a DWS06 to replace it, and it happened to form a bulge in the sidewall too. Same front left side.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Every set of Continental tires I’ve had I’ve always had issues from road noise to uneven wear to cupping. I will never buy another set of the continental tires.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have been running DWS06+ for about a year (DWS06) before that and I haven't had any issues with my tires.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I've been running DWS06's for a few years now.
I've had no issues, love the tires and would buy them again.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I had DWS-06 tires on my Mazda 3 for about a week and swapped them out for Michelins. The Contis wouldn't balance, and they had terrible flat-spotting after just sitting overnight.