GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Colour choice

JAT

Ready to race!
Why does VW offer such a pathetic choice of colours, seems to be you can choose silver, black, blue or grey:mad::mad:. Seat, Skoda and Audi have a far better choice. What do you think?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Why does VW offer such a pathetic choice of colours, seems to be you can choose silver, black, blue or grey:mad::mad:. Seat, Skoda and Audi have a far better choice. What do you think?

What colour did you want?
There was an article on the radio the other day, shades of white are the popular colour now and command premiums.
The more colours available increases the base prices.

JAT

Ready to race!
What colour did you want?
There was an article on the radio the other day, shades of white are the popular colour now and command premiums.
The more colours available increases the base prices.

My Sunset Red Golf is the easiest ever to keep clean, I planned to order Canyon Red next time, not to be. Black and silver not for me beautiful when new and in the showroom. Thinking about Yeti in Jungle Green. Nice

JAT

Ready to race!
So many previous colours and shades,

Bikebits

Ready to race!
My biggest gripe generally about automakers these days is the limited colour range offered.

Jaguar and Land Rover both have more extensive colour palettes that most, but I would like to see some of the more pastel shades from past years offered again. Colours don't have to be bright to relieve the monotony. Anything that could be in a black-and-white photograph (Black through all the greys and silvers to white) is not a colour!

Daily I remark to myself when I see a car wearing a different shade how refreshing it is.

stevew09

Ready to race!
Also I wonder why flat colours are now chargeable, in ye old days flat colours were included in the price of the car and you only paid for metallic paint. Saying that flat white and red are included in the price of the R, but they are a £260 option for every other type of golf.

I like Pacific blue, but you cannot get that in a GTi for some reason.

Golpher1

Ready to race!
Colours are almost used to define a certain model these days, so they restrict them depending on the class of car.

I wonder if we'll see matt options pop up (more), following their use in F1 racing this year? Costs for matt paint might be higher though?

JAT

Ready to race!
My biggest gripe generally about automakers these days is the limited colour range offered.

Jaguar and Land Rover both have more extensive colour palettes that most, but I would like to see some of the more pastel shades from past years offered again. Colours don't have to be bright to relieve the monotony. Anything that could be in a black-and-white photograph (Black through all the greys and silvers to white) is not a colour!

Daily I remark to myself when I see a car wearing a different shade how refreshing it is.

That's it, that's exactly the point I wanted to make but failed. Other makes in the VAG group seem to offer a far superior choice other than what I call the boring colours. Every 3rd or so car you see on the roads is Silver.