GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Titanium Exhaust Review

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Hi guys! Ive decided it was time to upgrade the exhaust system on my MK7.5 Here's a detailed video with start ups, revs, acceleration clips, and my overall opinion on it.

Here are a few key takeaways
-its really light: ~14lbs minus tips
-spool time decreased a bit
-build quality is good
-boomy sound vs stock.
-4in cat less trackslag + Cobb ti catback

Ask any questions in the vid, I'll check it more often.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for starting the video off with what most people are looking for and then sharing your honest thoughts on the exhaust.

I'm not a fan of how the exhaust tips are positioned and I noticed it in Cobb's promotional material too. They seem to sit too far out and too low. I like the tips to not really extend past the rear much if at all and to not have a big gap. Rest of exhaust looks good.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Interesting, has a bit of "brap" to it in the mid throttle areas. Inspires me to get some updated clips of my car.

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you for starting the video off with what most people are looking for and then sharing your honest thoughts on the exhaust.

I'm not a fan of how the exhaust tips are positioned and I noticed it in Cobb's promotional material too. They seem to sit too far out and too low. I like the tips to not really extend past the rear much if at all and to not have a big gap. Rest of exhaust looks good.
the tips can be adjusted a bit before tightening down. I think its the shape of the cut outs that make it seem to protrude further out from the bumper vs stock. In my opinion it helps the bumper from not getting exhaust dust or in other cases melted. Not that ive seen that as an issue on these cars but other platforms with aftermarket cat backs would sit too close to the bumper.