GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Protuning - Dyno / E-Tune / 3rd Party OTS

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I know I don't own my GTI anymore but I'm still very active in the VW community, I figured I start this conversation on COBB tuning.

Lets start a list of dealers who can "protune" using COBB, generally there are 3 levels.

Dyno Tune - You get strapped to a Dyno and then tune the car live using data logs from dyno pulls. Sometimes a bit expensive but you will get the most power from a dyno tune.

E-Tune - You go to "Mexico" and do 3rd- 4th gear pulls and the tuner sends you tune updates based on the logs saved to the access port. This is know also as "road-tuning". This can take many revisions to get correct.

3rd Party OTS - Some companies provide OTS (off the shelf - think APR, Unitronic, etc.) flashes based on hardware they develop. A good example here is MAPerformance and the Stage 1 tune some people have.

So lets start a list, review the tunes, dyno sheets etc.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Both Cobb ProTuners and know personally.

Chad @ CBRD Speedfactory.com of York, PA - Mustang Dyno
(Tunes: GTR, Porsche, Evo, Subaru, etc.)

Ray @ TurboTekTuning.com tunes for F.A.S.T of West Chester, PA - Dynojet
(Sometimes travels to other shops by appt or group sessions. Can possibly do e-tune.)

Also if you've done EFI University or follow the protocol to get signed off by Cobb they will give the ATR software for you to tune your own car without the need to go to a protuner. :eek: But you still need someone who knows how to do DSG tune for your specific tune unless you get a one size fits all basic DSG tune of more tq clamping pressure, faster shift, and launch control.

cincygti1

Have been working with Justin of freektune on an E-Tune since early January. The weather in "Mexico" hasn't been great to get timely logs. On revision map 6 at this point. Customer service has been awesome.

When I bought the Accessport through the freektune's website, the E-Tune was thrown in. It looks like that offer still is available (though caveat is there for a limited time).

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Brentuning over in Mass. They do etune and dyno tuning on their mustang. Great guys. They did my mk7.

They work with all Cobb applications and open source tuning as well.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Both Cobb ProTuners and know personally.

Chad @ CBRD Speedfactory.com of York, PA - Mustang Dyno
(Tunes: GTR, Porsche, Evo, Subaru, etc.)

Ray @ TurboTekTuning.com tunes for F.A.S.T of West Chester, PA - Dynojet
(Sometimes travels to other shops by appt or group sessions. Can possibly do e-tune.)

Also if you've done EFI University or follow the protocol to get signed off by Cobb they will give the ATR software for you to tune your own car without the need to go to a protuner. :eek: But you still need someone who knows how to do DSG tune for your specific tune unless you get a one size fits all basic DSG tune of more tq clamping pressure, faster shift, and launch control.

I didn't think ATR was available yet. Have a link where I can find out the requirements to get it?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
5150 Racing in Santa Ana, CA (So Cal) does dyno tuning (Mustang dyno, I think), and I'm pretty sure he said on the MK7 facebook group that they do Cobb E-tunes. The head tuner's name is Jon Drenas, and I believe he drives a recently acquired MK7 Golf R. 5150 is pretty much the standard tuner for Evo Xs around here, and have ridden in one of their Stage 2 dyno tuned Evo Xs. The thing is a beast.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Ive been trying to talk to UM, and I got one email response that they have an E85 flex fuel kit available for our cars, will our cars got performance out of full E85 ?

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Ive been trying to talk to UM, and I got one email response that they have an E85 flex fuel kit available for our cars, will our cars got performance out of full E85 ?

Can't imagine it wouldn't virtually all cars perform better on e85.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Can't imagine it wouldn't virtually all cars perform better on e85.

Okay im talking to Mike@NGP about it right now waiting to here back. I think if we could run 100% E85 on the right set up our cars would be rockets

Perry01

Ready to race!
Okay im talking to Mike@NGP about it right now waiting to here back. I think if we could run 100% E85 on the right set up our cars would be rockets

Not enough BTU's with ethanol. The ECU can compensate to a degree. I think E25 is the max?