GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb MAPerformance Stage 1 map question

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
I recently bought a 2017 SE that came with the Cobb AP with 2 MAPerformance maps. Anyone tell me which is the most recent version or perhaps the differences between the two highlighted versions ?

cobb_maperformance.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I recently bought a 2017 SE that came with the Cobb AP with 2 MAPerformance maps. Anyone tell me which is the most recent version or perhaps the differences between the two highlighted versions ?

View attachment 182118

They look the same but I don't think you'll be able to use them. You can use the Cobb OTS maps but look at your picture. At the bottom it says not unlocked for the AP. It also shows that it's locked to that that particular AP but it's my understanding that you can't use maps that someone else bought. You can try to install one to find out.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Tunes are locked to Cobb AP serial number, they will work on any car that it's married to, as long as it's the same ROM. I bought a used AP and all the tunes on it worked fine.

Show us the actual details for each tune and we can probably figure out which is newer. Vs just the file name of the tune files.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Tunes are locked to Cobb AP serial number, they will work on any car that it's married to, as long as it's the same ROM. I bought a used AP and all the tunes on it worked fine.

Show us the actual details for each tune and we can probably figure out which is newer. Vs just the file name of the tune files.

They look the same but I don't think you'll be able to use them. You can use the Cobb OTS maps but look at your picture. At the bottom it says not unlocked for the AP. It also shows that it's locked to that that particular AP but it's my understanding that you can't use maps that someone else bought. You can try to install one to find out.

I've been able to install the maps just fine. Just not sure which is the most recent file to use. Seller purchased the AP and maps from MAPerformance and married this AP to the car. I bought the car along with the original AP and maps.

I've gone back and forth between stock (Stage 0) and the Stage 1 v2.2. It really wakes up the car.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT

Where can I find the actual details ?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
the bottom info box in the screenshot you posted. it looks like they keep track of their revisions there. should be easy to ID which is newer.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
it looks like it's v3.75 vs 2.2...whatever that means. but I would guess the selected one is more current.

MAP ots tunes were known to be quite aggressive, you may want to do a few datalogs to confirm it's not riding the knock sensors.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
CSN is the more recent one. I noticed they switched to letters from numbers with the recent maps (like for example .FRN/CSN vs 1.1/2.0 and so on), at least that is the case on the other platforms.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
CSN is the more recent one. I noticed they switched to letters from numbers with the recent maps (like for example .FRN/CSN vs 1.1/2.0 and so on), at least that is the case on the other platforms.

Thank you! The former owner thought the same thing but wasn’t 100% certain. This leads me to believe you are correct as well.

Very much appreciated.