GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

Perry01

Ready to race!
I run 12* at 6500 rpm on Jon's 93 tune. Can confirm this is accurate. Trust the numbers, they don't lie :)

Jon is definitely producing some good numbers with his tunes. How many PSI at 6500 RPM with the 93 octane file?

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Jon is definitely producing some good numbers with his tunes. How many PSI at 6500 RPM with the 93 octane file?

My final e30 revision carries 19.8 up top 6.5k rpm

Perry01

Ready to race!
Same here, around 17.

So it appears his E30 file produces about 3 PSI more boost and 2° more timing advance up top. Gotta love high octane (and a tuner who knows what he's doing)

Perry01

Ready to race!
Last edited:

travicon

Ready to race!
Here is my 5150 review enjoy the cringe!

https://youtu.be/P8X9Utj4jRg

I've read thru this entire thread and have started e-tuning with 5150 and just returned my logs from Rev B. What're some good ways to determine if I'm getting false knock? I believe it's false knock because I almost always see -2.2 pop up in two or four cylinders simultaneously. Also, in the Deviation video, its mentioned that Freektune is no longer tuning our cars, is that the case? Not that I planned on switching, especially after reading thru this whole thread, just kind of crazy that he would bow out so quickly. TIA!

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Check exhaust connections (DP hanger), mounts, intake, IC piping. spark plug gaps are also a good place to start.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I've read thru this entire thread and have started e-tuning with 5150 and just returned my logs from Rev B. What're some good ways to determine if I'm getting false knock? I believe it's false knock because I almost always see -2.2 pop up in two or four cylinders simultaneously. Also, in the Deviation video, its mentioned that Freektune is no longer tuning our cars, is that the case? Not that I planned on switching, especially after reading thru this whole thread, just kind of crazy that he would bow out so quickly. TIA!

Biggest difference makers for me where the intercooler upgrade and also the HPA dogbone mount.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
For me I had true false knock because my downpipe and banging around under my car on the brace and the hanger. Once that was fixed most of my knock relating to hardware was fixed.

travicon

Ready to race!
Deviation- I have the Forge Twintercooler and 034 insert, been wanting to switch to HPA, but money.

Roidrage- I wonder if CAIs that bolt to the engine create more knock readings. My CTS is solid tubing all the way to the inlet pipe and is attached to a bolt on the engine, I wonder if that has any effect over say a stock unit or a unit with flexible piping(be it accordion style or silicon) that does not attach to the engine...

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Deviation- I have the Forge Twintercooler and 034 insert, been wanting to switch to HPA, but money.

Roidrage- I wonder if CAIs that bolt to the engine create more knock readings. My CTS is solid tubing all the way to the inlet pipe and is attached to a bolt on the engine, I wonder if that has any effect over say a stock unit or a unit with flexible piping(be it accordion style or silicon) that does not attach to the engine...

I was wondering the same about the CAI attached to the engine. It does not make a difference.

The HPA is worth the money. I had 034 insert and it was moving too much for stage 2, creating slop which can lead to KR.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
There are so many potential causes of knock, but high IATs def don't help. Also bad gas also, even if you go to the same shell station weekly, one bad batch could potentially cause knock to peak it's ugly head for that dataloggig period

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk