GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb AP Tune Help

Octoman5

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I recently got a Cobb AP and I was curious as to which OTS were safe to run with the CTS DP and drop in filter I have at the moment. The AP I got cake with a MAP stage 1 OTS but I read through the discription of these Tunes some of them say there meant for stock vehicles only so I’m just confused as to what tunes are safe for me to run.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I run a CTS catted DP and an AFE drop in filter and I've been very happy with the EQT stage 2 OTS tune. It's been updated recently to add a little more power safely, so I'm running an older one, but it's a safe tune that's very safe and reliable. I would imagine the new one runs just as good.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
EQT and stratified just released promo on free OTS with Cobb AP purchase. Rip that probably would have been the way to go.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
EQT and stratified just released promo on free OTS with Cobb AP purchase. Rip that probably would have been the way to go.

I would jump on either one of those if you were in the market for the Cobb AP.

Maperformance could have an ots stg 2 file usually coupled w their intake, which file did OP buy or get?

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

The OP already has the AP and those sales weren't going on when he got his.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would jump on either one of those if you were in the market for the Cobb AP.

Maperformance could have an ots stg 2 file usually coupled w their intake, which file did OP buy or get?

Just like his post stated he bought an AP with Map OTS stage 1 already on it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey guys I recently got a Cobb AP and I was curious as to which OTS were safe to run with the CTS DP and drop in filter I have at the moment. The AP I got cake with a MAP stage 1 OTS but I read through the discription of these Tunes some of them say there meant for stock vehicles only so I’m just confused as to what tunes are safe for me to run.

Stage 1 is fine.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Stage 1 is fine.

I see it now in his post. I doubt you can just run an ots file on your car unless same exact ecu model.

I’d pay 75$ for stg 2 ots map, if they let you. You have the dp already. Or a bit more for eqt ots stg2 map. Last resort would be map ots stg1 file.

Last edited:

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
You can run stage 1 on stage 2 mods but not the other way, ran mines for almost 2 months waiting on $