GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb AP + EQT stage 1 Tune ***PRICE DROP***

Schennsational

Selling my AP with a stage 1 93 octane EQT tune on it for a Gti Mk7 DSG transmission. ECU TUNE ONLY

my car was totaled and i confirmed with Cobb that they can unmarry the tune to my car for $40.

Comes with the module and cable.

Dropping down to $350. Need to get rid of this

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sorry no dsg tune. It’s retail $700+ for just the ecu tune. Thought it would be gone in 5 minutes at this price lol

Based on your original post, it sounds like it is still married to your car.

my car was totaled and i confirmed with Cobb that they can unmarry the tune to my car for $40.

If that is the case, it doesn't cost $40. It costs 70% of the cost of buying it new.

If an Accessport was never uninstalled from a previous vehicle, it can be re-licensed, or set to an uninstalled state. The Accessport is essentially 2 parts: the hardware to flash the vehicle and the tuning license that is installed on the car. Therefore, in cases like this when the tuning license is still being used on another vehicle, COBB can re-license the Accessport for 70% of the price of a brand new Accessport of that part number.
https://www.cobbtuning.com/buying-a-used-accessport/

So someone would need to pay $507 (70% of $725), not $40 to use it. Add the $350 you're asking for, and it's almost $150 more than just buying one new. Since used, unmarried Accessports can be had for usually $400 - $500, and relicensing an Accesssport costs $507, a married Accessport isn't worth that much. Basically whatever someone would pay for parts.

If it's a misunderstanding and the Accessport isn't married to the car, you might want to clarify your original post. Because that's the way I read it, and I'm sure others did the same.

Schennsational

IMG_8920.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Here’s the email from Cobb stating they can unmarry if from my car for $40

They're willing to do that for you, with proof the car was totaled. The next person won't be you, and won't have proof of a totaled car. Same way Cobb will help you out if your Accessport is stolen from your car (and you give them a police report).

I'd recommend taking them up on their offer first, just paying the $40, and selling it unmarried. Since the next person won't be able to take advantage of that, and without proof of a totaled car, they will be paying the $500 as described in the link provided.

Last edited:

Schennsational

They're willing to do that for you, with proof the car was totaled. The next person won't be you, and won't have proof of a totaled car. Same way Cobb will help you out if your Accessport is stolen from your car (and you give them a police report).

I'd recommend taking them up on their offer first, just paying the $40, and selling it unmarried. Since the next person won't be able to take advantage of that, and without proof of a totaled car, they will be paying the $500 as described in the link provided.
I don’t understand what the next time around has to do with me selling this. If it’s unmarried, whoever purchases it can install it on their car.

ChefDrives

Car(s)
2019 GTI 6mt Rabbit
I don’t understand what the next time around has to do with me selling this. If it’s unmarried, whoever purchases it can install it on their car.
It means the company is willing to do a 40 dollar RE-marry to YOUR next vehicle, and I'm assuming they will verify that. That's why the first step is to give them the proof of totale.