GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport with Stratified tune

Cincy boy

So, I picked up a used Cobb Accessport V3 and it had a Stratified stage 1 tune on it. The tuner was unmarried, so it is now happily married to my GTI DSG. My question is, can I put the Stratified tune that he had on his GTI onto my GTI? We have the same year 2016, both running CAI and no exhaust. I was hoping to be able to use his tune on mine..is this possible?

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Is your ECM code the same as his? If yes, then you should be able to. If not, then you won’t be able to. You’ll have to call Stratified and go from there.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
I’d check to see. Would not try if they don’t match. If for some reason it let you flash them and it didn’t match... could be an expensive mistake.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Well you’ll get a wide range of answers here. I don’t think any are wrong necessarily as long as you’ve heard of the company and heard decent feedback. I have EQT base 93 oct stage 1 tune and his DSG V2.0 tune. I highly recommend those, however they are the only tune I currently have. My choice was based off of observed customer feedback and his responses to other situations. Stratified would have been my second choice. Going back to your original topic... if your ecm code does match, do your mods match? Do not flash if you don’t have the matching mods. If it’s just Stage 1 or equivalent you should be fine.

Jon B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI & '07 TBSS
I bought an AP that had a MAP tune on it from a guy near me. Different year car years. There is no way it'll allow you to put a tune on the car that doesn't match up. I had to get a new tune from MAP, and I'm now waiting for Stratified.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Alright. So then you’d need to add DSG functionality to your AP first... $400. That unlocks the ability, and COBB DSG OTS tunes. Then you could add a DSG tune from whoever you end up going with for tuning.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It won't let you flash the tune if it's not compatible with your ECU. I bought an Accessport from someone who had EQT and MAPerformance Stage 1 maps on it, and couldn't flash them (I have a 2016 SE, he had a 2017).

Stratified (which is the tune I really wanted) doesn't sell their OTS flash tune separately at the moment, so I ended up paying $75 for the tune from MAPerformance. Really unhappy with it. It pushes way too much boost too early. If you read through the Cobb AP thread here, lots of people complaining about it. Wish I had read that first before shelling out the $75.

Oh well, now just to wait for Stratified to sell their flash tunes separately for the MK7...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
It won't let you flash the tune if it's not compatible with your ECU. I bought an Accessport from someone who had EQT and MAPerformance Stage 1 maps on it, and couldn't flash them (I have a 2016 SE, he had a 2017).

Stratified (which is the tune I really wanted) doesn't sell their OTS flash tune separately at the moment, so I ended up paying $75 for the tune from MAPerformance. Really unhappy with it. It pushes way too much boost too early. If you read through the Cobb AP thread here, lots of people complaining about it. Wish I had read that first before shelling out the $75.

Oh well, now just to wait for Stratified to sell their flash tunes separately for the MK7...

I'm running the MAP Stage 2 tune now and I don't mind it, but it's also the only tune I've used with my car also. I went with MAP since Stratified didn't have an OTS tune yet as well. I'm gonna have it protuned, but not until I'm done so I'm not paying twice, so an effective OTS tune is my go to now.

Do you have any links to where people were complaining about it?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm running the MAP Stage 2 tune now and I don't mind it, but it's also the only tune I've used with my car also. I went with MAP since Stratified didn't have an OTS tune yet as well. I'm gonna have it protuned, but not until I'm done so I'm not paying twice, so an effective OTS tune is my go to now.

Do you have any links to where people were complaining about it?
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28394

The COBB Log Comparison Thread. There's a lot of complaints in there.