GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch upgrade

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
BFI and RSR have been failing people. Best to stay away from those.

Any links to said failures. I've heard of the BFI failures but I haven't read of anything on RSR....I'll have to Google that. Seems clutch options are getting less and less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I've been extremely happy with my Haus of Dubs 6gt kit. Solid pricing and the shop I used for install said it was a breeze to install and a very high quality choice for the price point. I do get a little chatter however.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I've been extremely happy with my Haus of Dubs 6gt kit. Solid pricing and the shop I used for install said it was a breeze to install and a very high quality choice for the price point. I do get a little chatter however.

Does it have a DMF? If so, what would cause the chatter? I thought this was a SMF symptom...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
BFI and RSR have been failing people. Best to stay away from those.

RSR clutches have not "been failing" people. You ~might've~ seen one thread covering the topic. And i'll bet HS Tuning did their best to make it right by the customer.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
RSR clutches have not "been failing" people. You ~might've~ seen one thread covering the topic. And i'll bet HS Tuning did their best to make it right by the customer.

Like I said, I haven't seen anything posted about RSR failures but I did just recently read about a members BFI clutch failing with very little customer support. Can't say it enough, customer support and customer service will get customers every time. It's the whole reason I'm looking at the BMS JB series of modules.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Does it have a DMF? If so, what would cause the chatter? I thought this was a SMF symptom...

I have slight chatter with my SRE kit and a DMF. Overall, the flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, and transmission are all engineered to work as a whole. The factory disc is a sprung disc which is not very common to have with a DMF. The Haus of Dub and SRE kit do not have sprung disc's, so that may factor into the chatter because the flywheel was designed to have a sprung disc. Many do not have chatter with the RSR kit, but that is because the disc is sprung.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I just Googled 'HSTuning RSR clutch kit failures' and nothing came up. Put your money where your mouth is.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!

I changed it out way early so I am using the stock DMF. I'm thinking the chatter might be coming from the throwout bearing. It hasn't been a terrible issue so I haven't actually ripped er open to try and figure it out. My money would be on that though.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
I just Googled 'HSTuning RSR clutch kit failures' and nothing came up. Put your money where your mouth is.

Search this forum next time, not google. LOL

RSR already slipping for some. I'll be getting one but only because I'm staying Stage 1, they're not holding long-term for Stage 2 power.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Search this forum next time, not google. LOL

RSR already slipping for some. I'll be getting one but only because I'm staying Stage 1, they're not holding long-term for Stage 2 power.

This is simply false. HS Tuning has sold the RSR clutches since like 2013/14 across the MK6 and MK7 platforms and have enjoyed a massive degree of success because 99% of customers have no issues and the clutches hold over 500CTQ *RELIABLY*

If an RSR has failed, it's due to one of two things (and possibly both): 1) installation error, 2) manufacturer defect.

If 2) HS Tuning would DEFINITELY recompense the customer with another clutch.