GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CLUTCH PEDAL

GOYABEAN67

Car(s)
2017 gti mk7
MY 2017 GTI , CLUTCH PEDAL HAS BEEN STICKING , AND DROPPING TO FLOOR , I BLED THE SYSTEM AND STILL HAPPENS BUT MOSTLY WHEN ENGAGING REVERSE GEAR
ANY ONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM ??

GOYABEAN67

Car(s)
2017 gti mk7
AFTER I BLED IT , IT WORKED FINE , BUT I SEE MY BRAKE /CLUTCH RESERVOIR WAS LOW AND FILLED IT , BUT AGAIN I GOT LOW , AND I CAN'T SEE ANY FLUID LEAKING FROM ANYWHERE

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Clutch pedal sticking like the caps lock key

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
not sure why anyone is complaining about a free supersize :^)

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Did you check under the transmission? There is a weep hole on the bell-housing where if the TOB is leaking it will go there, esp if you can’t see it leak at any other lines but you are seeing the fluid go down.
This is a good suggestion. Look under the trans like he said. If it's a slow leak then the pedal will feel fine for a while until the fluid starts slowly leaking out again and air gets sucked in.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
since the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir your leak could be from anywhere....

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
since the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir your leak could be from anywhere....
Correct, but that wouldn’t cause the symptom he’s experiencing with the clutch pedal sticking air in the tob lines as those lines don’t cross. Air in brake lines won’t get air in the clutch line and vise versa

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Correct, but that wouldn’t cause the symptom he’s experiencing with the clutch pedal sticking air in the tob lines as those lines don’t cross. Air in brake lines won’t get air in the clutch line and vise versa
The first item to suck air on a low reservoir would be the clutch line...as it pulls fluid from around the middle between the low and high lines. If the fluid in the reservoir is leaking below the low line and continues below it's not in the clutch.

Take out the battery and tray go, finishing for a leak from the clutch fluid line, through the master, and down the line to the trans... leaking fluid should be easy to find, plus brake fluid as a particular smell...

use your engineering brain to problem solve...:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The first item to suck air on a low reservoir would be the clutch line...as it pulls fluid from around the middle between the low and high lines. If the fluid in the reservoir is leaking below the low line and continues below it's not in the clutch.

Take out the battery and tray go, finishing for a leak from the clutch fluid line, through the master, and down the line to the trans... leaking fluid should be easy to find, plus brake fluid as a particular smell...

use your engineering brain to problem solve...:ROFLMAO:
What are you on about…

B0489984-37C3-449A-AA7D-CD91B907D45B.jpeg

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
What are you on about…

View attachment 251185
find a picture of a mk7 manual brake/clutch fluid reservoir...

You do understand that the brake master and clutch master pull from the same reservoir since the mk5 and newer?

If there is a leak and the fluid reservoir drops to where the clutch line pulls fluid...and not any lower... the leak would be in the clutch system.

If the leak continues below where the clutch line draws fluid and continues to disappear out of the reservoir...narrows it to losing the fluid somewhere in the braking system...

Last edited: