GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport style side decal - 40 Years

MattB1

Ready to race!
Just found these, they are an oem accessory, anyone seen any other pics of them anywhere?

Attachments

• IMG_9337.JPG
    IMG_9337.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 7,656

MattB1

Ready to race!
Australian "GTI Clubsports" use to come with the "40 years" decal

Thanks breaking badly, I like them a lot, I will track down the part numbers.

Would you happen to have photo of a black Clubsport with the anthracite Clubsport decals, so I could get an idea of what the 40 Years ones might look like on my car?

All the photos I've found of black Clubsports are either taken from the wrong angle or low res so you can't even see the decals at all.

Cheers

MattB1

Ready to race!
I found the part numbers, they are the same as the the Clubsport numbers, but with an added A, for Australia....

2 Door Black Decals

5G3853315A 041 (left)
5G3853316A 041 (right)

For 2 Door Metallic Iridium, change the 041 for R7H

For 4 Door of either the Black or Iridium, change 5G3...for 5G4...

Would you happen to have photo of a black Clubsport with the anthracite Clubsport decals, so I could get an idea of what the 40 Years ones might look like on my car?

All the photos I've found of black Clubsports are either taken from the wrong angle or low res so you can't even see the decals at all.

Thanks, Matt. I didn't even know there are silver ones. Guess I should get a set of them,
just to have it as a spare.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I think the clubsport-like stripe is one of the best cosmetic mods you can do to a non-clubsport GTI. It goes with any color and really makes the car stick out in a good way regardless of what the decal on it says.

Can't wait to get mine put on.

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
I really like that thanks for sharing, i love this site sometimes for the little things...

@BB where are you from if you drive a CS? for some reason i thought it was in the USA?

MattB1

Ready to race!
Is anyone able to help me source a set of the Silver 2 door 40th ones? I'd like a set for when I do my rocket bunny kit! I may even by 2 sets!

5G3853315A R7H
5G3853316A R7H

The cheapest I have found these is from an eBay seller, the seller has black sets listed, but I messaged them over the weekend and asked if they could supply the silver ones, I included the part numbers to be sure, and they have replied this morning saying they can. The listing they have for the black set is

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122297983281

They are selling a set for €99.90, don't know what the shipping cost is yet though.

MattB1

Ready to race!
Whilst digging around on eBay.de to find these at a reasonable price, I found a seller who is offering replica Clubsport stripes.

The seller can supply them in a load of different colours, and although they don't have any 40 Years ones listed, they do offer sets with Performance and GTI scripts.

I guess they could supply blank sets or custom scripts, I haven't asked them yet, but they are very reasonably priced at €29.99 with €7.90 shipping to the UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152093166688

Attachments

• IMG_9407.JPG
    IMG_9407.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 3,376

FGM

I'm new to the forum as I got my mk7 a few months back. I got the carbon steel metallic, and after recently installing oem brushed aluminum mirror caps I was thinking matching clubsport decals would look great. I'm having trouble finding them for the 4 door, so would any of you mind posting a link if you've found them? If not I was thinking of either ordering a sheet and cutting it myself or finding a vinyl shop in my area. Thanks!