GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climate Screen

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
Just incase anyone was thinking of specifying the climate windscreen, there isn't much information about it but I took a few photos of the heating side of it in action.

So we all know this view, especially in the past couple of days in the uk.

So to switch the screen on just press the menu button on the HVAC controls then press the icon that looks like the screen with a wire through it, it goes orange when active

Within a few seconds the top of the screen begins to clear the sensors at the top

There are also a concentration of heat at the bottom to heat the wipers up a bit too.

Given enough time I'm sure the screen will clear all the frost from it but I gave it less than 2 minutes before trying the wipers. This was the first wipe

I'm very pleased with it. Sadly the side windows don't clear themselves so I can't throw the scraper away yet.

From looking at the connivence consumers screen you can see how much power the car is putting into the windscreen when it's on.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I have mine set to auto, like you say the convenience consumer shows when it's on, when pressing the A/C screen button that turns it on too, like you say under 2 mins and you're ready to go.
PS your radio display is different to mine, you must have a later build.

Thedonkeycentrehalf

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the climate screen but not climate control (car was pre-specified - not my choice) so don't have the auto option.

When the windscreen was just steamed up it didn't seem to do much and I thought it was rubbish. Now the proper winter weather has arrived, what a bonus. I start the car and set the climate screen and heaters going. By the time I have scraped the side and back windows (about 30 seconds) I go to the front windscreen and the frost just slides off without any scraping.

My wife gets very jealous of how little effort it takes to clear my windscreen

pipsyp

Ready to race!
This screen in the Golf is really rather nice, beats the hell out of the older microwired screens ala Ford QuickClear.

Because of the metal layer gather the car has to be specd with the Advanced Phone prep as it messes with mobile signals, thats right isnt it?

grayTshirt

I'm still learning which menus do what on my car. I'm going to check this out in the morning. This is the most awesome 30k dollar car I've ever owned. Thanks for posting this!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
This screen in the Golf is really rather nice, beats the hell out of the older microwired screens ala Ford QuickClear.

Because of the metal layer gather the car has to be specd with the Advanced Phone prep as it messes with mobile signals, thats right isnt it?

Thats the official line from VW.

gold1640

Do satnavs like the TomTom work OK with the climate windscreens?

I don't know as I have in built, however I do have a road angel, but not tried it, trying to keep the car clutter free.

I've also got the built-in satnav, but I also have a Tomtom satnav that I use as I can load it with my own points-of-interest.

I'm interested to know whether after-market satnavs work OK with the climate windscreen as I might add it to the next Golf I go for.

slik

Ready to race!
I'm amazed with the variations in accessories VW has for the same model in different parts of the world. So many of the features I see on this site are not available in USA

grayTshirt

I'm amazed with the variations in accessories VW has for the same model in different parts of the world. So many of the features I see on this site are not available in USA

It's crazy isn't it? I find features on here and then go check my car and they aren't there. Guess thats because our GTI's are built in Mexico to a North American spec? (Just guessing at that...)