GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clause’s Golf R

Clause

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Proud new (to me) owner of a 2019 Golf R. Car was bought bone stock at 33k miles 2 days ago. Unfortunately did not get an off the lot picture, but after a afternoon of detailing and some fresh window tint, pictures were taken. Man I’m in love with this color. More to come as the orders come in.

Clause

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Update: Was on the fence on if I wanted to start with handling or power first. Ended up going EQT stage 1 91 with their dsg tune. Initial impressions for the ecu tune is of course how it should be from stock. It’s quick, but honestly does not scratch the itch quite yet. The TCU tune is really the shining change of the 2. Much better for daily drivability. The down shifts in traffic are much more responsive and allow you to be where you need to be without a big lag, or pressing down on the pedal substantially. Not racing to 7th is a big bonus. I got OBDeleven and tweaked quite a few things.. first being auto start stop. That was unbearable. Put in some dsg paddles.com paddle shifters in the forged carbon. Took awhile to get here but the quality is excellent. Nothing fancy to report on that.

Did the CJM vent mount for the Cobb. Fitment is probably 7.5-8/10. Had to drill out quite a bit of plastic to feed the Cobb cable through, but very happy how this came out overall.

Installed the rennwagen rear spoiler extension. Went this route as I did not want to drill holes in my original spoiler for obvious reason. It uses aircraft grade 3m adhesive and honestly feels extremely solid(comes with hardware if you’d like, but is advertised to not need it) Super happy how this product.

Some ECS spacers for the 19” Pretoria’s.. 10 front 15 back. Really feel like the back needs like 17mm or so. 15 just doesn’t feel perfect.

Some badgeskins hits to add a little color and a noise maker in the engine bay. Pretty un happy with the apr open intake however. I really don’t like how it doesn’t seal against the hood, and in this hot San Diego climate, is more than likely robbing quite a bit of power. Plan on changing to an IE v2 intake shortly.

It’s getting quite hot here and ready to pull the trigger on an intercooler very shortly. Really want to add a front lip at the same time though since the bumper will be off anyways.

Last edited: