GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Whats everyone wrenching on this weekend? I'm installing a clutch for a dude with a mk6 R tomorrow morning, hoping that I can find some time this weekend to work on my own car, first track event for me is May 27th and there's a lot to be done before that!
Solid!!

I should finally be picking up the mk2 gti from storage and have a bunch of little parts to throw on it pretty pumped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Whats everyone wrenching on this weekend? I'm installing a clutch for a dude with a mk6 R tomorrow morning, hoping that I can find some time this weekend to work on my own car, first track event for me is May 27th and there's a lot to be done before that!

Nothing exciting for me. Cleaning the GTI and switching the RSX diet back to E85.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Think I'm going to put my summers on even though Saturday night is supposed to get down to 33. That and pull part of my rear bumper cover to get the plate bulb housings unstuck. Going to Import face off on Sunday with a few friends to spectate. Never been before but the weather looks nice and it was only $17.

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience with Fox Valley VW in St. Charles? May try them for my 10K service. I liked the service department at Autobarn Mt Prospect and Countryside but they are both a bit of a drive.

I know the owner is a good guy, have to relation to them otherwise. Autobarn just recently fired their service manager as well...thank god I got my turbo warrantied before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Import Face Off kind of sucked. There were a couple fast Honda's, some tiny rotary Mazda that was flying, and a pair of MK5 R32's running low 14's. The show portion was mostly stance nation crap.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Anyone have any experience with Fox Valley VW in St. Charles? May try them for my 10K service. I liked the service department at Autobarn Mt Prospect and Countryside but they are both a bit of a drive.

My dad goes to Fox Valley St Charles all the time. They've treated him well. Warrantied and reupholstered the drivers seat in his GLI even though he's almost had it for 2 years because of a ripping bolster.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Hahaha I didn't go into it with high expectations, but I hear it has gone downhill over the years. No fly zone half mile event coming up next weekend. I checked the spreadsheet and the lowest HP car is a stock MK7 R with fastlax16 at second lowest with 350. The event has been a good time in the past when making a weekend of it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hahaha I didn't go into it with high expectations, but I hear it has gone downhill over the years. No fly zone half mile event coming up next weekend. I checked the spreadsheet and the lowest HP car is a stock MK7 R with fastlax16 at second lowest with 350. The event has been a good time in the past when making a weekend of it.
You interested in doing any track days? Gonna be hitting this season pretty hard. Always nice to get new people involved.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
You interested in doing any track days? Gonna be hitting this season pretty hard. Always nice to get new people involved.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

At some point probably, not this year though. Going back to my old job this summer and may end up chasing seniority out west for a bit.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Added a new inlet pipe and elbow, wired my Euro LED tails for proper operation, and used some touch up paint to fix some chips today.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I have a very similar intake setup, except a CTS turbo inlet. Sounds good enough that I don't feel a need to drop $500+ on an aftermarket intake for minimal if any gains.

Also be sure to check that hoseclamp at the air box once in awhile. The clamp that came with my ECS intake hose was junk and would pop off a few times a week. Replaced it with a sturdier hose clamp I had in my toolbox and it has been fine since. It's pretty obvious when it pops off because the turbo gets a lot louder.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a very similar intake setup, except a CTS turbo inlet. Sounds good enough that I don't feel a need to drop $500+ on an aftermarket intake for minimal if any gains.

Also be sure to check that hoseclamp at the air box once in awhile. The clamp that came with my ECS intake hose was junk and would pop off a few times a week. Replaced it with a sturdier hose clamp I had in my toolbox and it has been fine since. It's pretty obvious when it pops off because the turbo gets a lot louder.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it, for right now it seems pretty solid though, and I have it about a 1/4" from the end, not right on it.