GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
dead chat.

Anyone buy their car any Christmas presents?

No presents for my GTI, but i’m having it's cracked windshield replaced this Saturday. Today I conducted some research to see if a Mustang GT 5.0 or a Focus ST are faster than a APR stage 2 MK7. Conclusion, they're not.

CharlieTango

Passed Driver's Ed
No presents for my GTI, but i’m having it's cracked windshield replaced this Saturday. Today I conducted some research to see if a Mustang GT 5.0 or a Focus ST are faster than a APR stage 2 MK7. Conclusion, they're not.

You mean RS? I've fooled around with both of them and its pretty close. With a few mods the 5.bro's can keep up from a roll

I still havent gotten those plugs changed, Jay. Lol I tried again to pull the boots out with lube and a loong pair of pliers, but they're still stuck. Its going to GRD next week along with a new set of rs3 coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
dead chat.

Anyone buy their car any christmas presents?

Just an oil service kit. First time changing the oil at home (new job won't let us use the shop after hours), with the a shiny new ECS drainpan... Bin of Kitty litter later and it all worked out.

Just a forewarning if any of you try to use that pan: hot oil drains faster than it can take, change it cold.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
You mean RS? I've fooled around with both of them and its pretty close. With a few mods the 5.bro's can keep up from a roll

I still havent gotten those plugs changed, Jay. Lol I tried again to pull the boots out with lube and a loong pair of pliers, but they're still stuck. Its going to GRD next week along with a new set of rs3 coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interestingly enough I had the same problem on someone else's mk7 about a week ago. Read somewhere that heat makes it easier, we took it for a few redline sprints up the highway and they came right out. You might want to give that a shot before taking it to grd, they'll charge an arm and a leg I'm sure. Just get some good gloves so you don't burn your hand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dmals

Passed Driver's Ed
Black Friday and bonus at work got me. Went with a Cobb cat back exhaust, unitronic intercooler, cts downpipe and upgraded to Uni stage 2. Have an IE intake on its way, they were not kidding about the once you mod this car it just doesn't stop. haha

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Black Friday and bonus at work got me. Went with a Cobb cat back exhaust, unitronic intercooler, cts downpipe and upgraded to Uni stage 2. Have an IE intake on its way, they were not kidding about the once you mod this car it just doesn't stop. haha

You have made us proud.

bkuu

Passed Driver's Ed
huge shoutout to Jay and his buddy for helping me get my CTS DP installed on the mk7 GTI. Sounds amazing and with the stage 2, I gotta get use to tapping the pedal more lightly haha.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Picked up an Airlift V2 management system + compressor & tank for a crackhead price. Waiting until the tax season sale at Airlift to pick up the bags. Time to start taking measurements for the trunk!

ThatWhiteRabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
If you drive a red Mk7 GTI with a plate that looks something like "GAPPLE" then sorry I didn't wave back the other morning on I-355. Love seeing my fellow GTI drivers out there but I only wave if traffic allows it!

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
huge shoutout to Jay and his buddy for helping me get my CTS DP installed on the mk7 GTI. Sounds amazing and with the stage 2, I gotta get use to tapping the pedal more lightly haha.
Nice, glad you're happy. Sure sounded nice when you drove off.

Picked up an Airlift V2 management system + compressor & tank for a crackhead price. Waiting until the tax season sale at Airlift to pick up the bags. Time to start taking measurements for the trunk!

custom trunk setup?

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
New-ish guy here as I just picked up a used 2017 GTI S. I've owned a variety of cars, including VWs in the past. Are there some active VW or GTI specific Facebook pages for Chicago/Illinois owners or is this or Vortex about it?

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
New-ish guy here as I just picked up a used 2017 GTI S. I've owned a variety of cars, including VWs in the past. Are there some active VW or GTI specific Facebook pages for Chicago/Illinois owners or is this or Vortex about it?

Windy City Euros
Great Lake Golfs
Chicago Volkswagen Organization