GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Not bad, pretty low key. Drove out to Galesburg and back today, roads were pretty bad but my mounts feel like they’ve settled down a bit.

Give them a few more weeks. The cold certainly doesn't help the nvh either, once it warms up the mounts will ease in a bit more too.

Galesburg is a haul, you have family out there or? I stayed in chicago this year, my family is all in Kentucky. We had a nice dinner with my girlfriends mom and sister. The gf got me an aim laptimer for my car which is awesome. I can't wait to play with it on the track this year.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Nah, Christmas we didn’t really go anywhere out of town. The Galesburg trip was a work thing I just did yesterday. Moving out there temporarily while the fiancé stays here so I had to make the drive to sit down and meet with some management regarding my transfer out there.

That lap timer stuff is pretty slick. I have a couple buddies who race Corvettes that have similar setups.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
How was everyones Christmas?
Sadly just got back from Florida and it's cold as balls here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Welcome. Good choice all around with the color, trim level and transmission. 6 speed is fun but I sometimes wish I had gotten the DSG since the stock clutch on these cars is terrible.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Must be getting lazy as I get older. Not looking forward today rolling around on the garage floor changing the oil/filter and rotating the tires. Already put 20K “fun” miles on the GTI.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Must be getting lazy as I get older. Not looking forward today rolling around on the garage floor changing the oil/filter and rotating the tires. Already put 20K “fun” miles on the GTI.
Well it is cold as balls! But 20k not bad I'm at 13k and in March it will be 2 years owning this awesome car.

TimFell

Ready to race!
Hi everyone,

I did not know this CHI thread existed! I'm from Gurnee, IL area originally, but studying in Chicago. 2017 GTI S, Deep Black Pearl, DSG. AWE Exhaust on the way!

image1 (6).jpeg

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone,

I did not know this CHI thread existed! I'm from Gurnee, IL area originally, but studying in Chicago. 2017 GTI S, Deep Black Pearl, DSG. AWE Exhaust on the way!

View attachment 19361
Oh Dang! I'm right next door in Lindenhurst!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I actually am from the same city lol, I just say Gurnee because no one knows where Lindenhurst is LOL
Too funny i do the same thing lol. Well when you get the exhaust on let me know we can turn off your soundaktor with my obd11.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG